Quick type not working

darmac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I cannot get quick type to work properly...it shows a right and left arrow is the grey area above the keyboard, but no word suggestions. Any help?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get quick type to work properly...it shows a right and left arrow is the grey area above the keyboard, but no word suggestions. Any help?

Can you post a screen shot? Is the quick type area expanded or just a thin line above the keyboard? Also, quick type currently only works with the English keyboard.

Kingswede

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded iOS 8 on my iphone 5 and Quick Type never appeared from the beginning. Any thoughts or fixes you guys have heard about? I have the English keyboard on and i have tried rebooting twice. Also i have tried swiping up just above the top line of letters (on the keyboard). Should there be a distinct grey bar above the keyboard if the quick type is "minimized"?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes there should be a gray bar above the keyboard if its minimized. Or it's a prominent gray bar with words in it if its working. Try kong pressing the :) button and make sure predictive text is on. In or maybe you should try to download your software again and try reloading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk