• I can live with it

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I wish I hadn't done the upgrade.

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've seen many threads on the new iOS but I wanted to make it easier for those on the fence about upgrading there device to the new software so I thought a poll would be beneficial.

Reactions: Farshid72

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I will be patient and give it a week and see what kind of feedback I can pick up around here. Kinda feel like if my phone isn't broke why fix it but then when new software comes out it calls at me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not that the previous iOS was broken, but consumers are never satisfied for long and so Apple & other companies update incrementally as a source of appeasement & to attract new customers. You know how it is..:)

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I love it. Especially the DND feature! What a wonderful feature where I can by pass my customers and everything is muted!!

That is one of the 3-4 main features I wanted most

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I love it. Especially the DND feature! What a wonderful feature where I can by pass my customers and everything is muted!!

I agree. The Do Not Disturb feature is a real Blessing. That alone is worth the upgrade to iOS 6, in my opinion.

Reactions: Farshid72

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

I agree. Love the DnD. One feature I missed from my BB days

Good Luck

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint would be that the app and itunes store is a bit laggy. I absolutely love DND. Still rockin the 4s.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have no complaints with iOS 6 whatsoever. in fact, it probably was the main reason for me staying with a Pure/Stock iPhone. i'm not saying it is a jailbreak replacement but i am saying it does what i need it to do now

the overall usability is great on the 4S and very smooth. unfortunately i think to have the best user experience one should restore as new. of course this argument will go on forever but i am speaking from my experience. i have always restored as new every major update and that the same time never experienced the plethora of threads/posts i constantly see

also keep in mind Apple will be doing delta updates along the way to improve it so its not like it will stay this way forever, if you're unhappy with it

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. It does look like the majority of the votes are positive. Decisions decisions...

I think one of my major fears is that I will lose the use of the ringtones that I created. I read somewhere that purchased one worked but others did not. I can't seem to find that thread but I do remember reading something along those lines. Sounds silly but I am a creature of habit and I've used these tones for many years. Has anyone else experienced that?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded my 4S to IOS6 yesterday. Home made ringtones work fine.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the same business ringtones I've used since I purchased my 4S and they continue to work with iOS 6 and like Jeff stated above, your homemade ringtones should work as well. Now go ahead and upgrade & be done with it...lol

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I took the plunge and everything seems to be ok except when I use the letter "I" it does not capitalize on its own like it used to. Haven't done any research yet for a solution but if that is my biggest problem then I guess I'm in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I took the plunge and everything seems to be ok except when I use the letter "I" it does not capitalize on its own like it used to. Haven't done any research yet for a solution but if that is my biggest problem then I guess I'm in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input.

I've heard others say that but mine still capitalized as it did before.

Go Figure

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost