Password app

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I seen it on here a few months ago. Some one did a review of I guess the top 3. There was one storing passwords and urls for websites as well. I did a search for it but couldn't find it

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I like 1Password, stores credit cards, accounts, emails, passwords (and can generate them), etc. I believe Rene has done a review on it.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I seen it on here a few months ago. Some one did a review of I guess the top 3. There was one storing passwords and urls for websites as well. I did a search for it but couldn't find it

You can find an iMore review HERE and HERE.

The first is 1Password vs LastPass vs mSecure

The second is 1Password vs DataVault

Personally, I use DataVault. I tried a few others but I always return to DataVault.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I know you were not asking for advise on what password manager to use, I want to give a +1 for 1password. Love it!!!

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Another question just me . Do they make an app for say like locking your pictures, emails,texts and what knot. Like if some one wanted to use my phone I wouldn't have to worry about people going through my phone

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I prefer keepass2 and minikeepass for iphone, Dropbox sync and free. Perfect combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I gotta jump in with a +1 for DataVault and offer the best customer service of any of the password apps on any platform. (Cause your help is only as far away as me!) You won't find that with any of the other apps - those companies don't care who or where you are.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Another question just me . Do they make an app for say like locking your pictures, emails,texts and what knot. Like if some one wanted to use my phone I wouldn't have to worry about people going through my phone

Is something like THIS what you're looking for?

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I gotta jump in with a +1 for DataVault and offer the best customer service of any of the password apps on any platform. (Cause your help is only as far away as me!) You won't find that with any of the other apps - those companies don't care who or where you are.
It's not clear to me what AIlli's connection is to DataVault, but I feel compelled to raise the question of whether it is appropriate for iMore staff to be making blanket statements like this about any vendors without presenting facts to back up the accusation. I am not a software vendor, nor am I affiliated with any, but it seems unusual that representatives of this or any forum would make such allegations.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's not clear to me what AIlli's connection is to DataVault, but I feel compelled to raise the question of whether it is appropriate for iMore staff to be making blanket statements like this about any vendors without presenting facts to back up the accusation. I am not a software vendor, nor am I affiliated with any, but it seems unusual that representatives of this or any forum would make such allegations.

I am the Director of Customer Success for Ascendo, the developer of DataVault. This is why I can say with 100% accuracy that you can have your problems taken care of right here, without leaving iMore if need be. It's not a secret, and stated in dozens of other threads. I understand you're new to iOS and iMore, so you haven't come across this before.

No other developer is represented here in the forums. Fact.

I went to work for the company after using the product - and being a long-time member of the forums (just check my join date) - and loving the product.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Alli,

I have no desire to escalate this issue, and I appreciate your timely reply. I have no experience with DataVault, nor do I have any reason to doubt your claims of your great customer service. That said, I still question the appropriateness of your comments on this forum, given your position with iMore, denigrating the customer support of other vendors without providing any compelling evidence. I have to wonder how you and Ascendo would respond if your competitors made accusations such as "those companies don't care who or where you are" toward you.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and I would expect you to demonstrate enthusiasm for the products offered by Ascendo, but I find it unusual for someone in your position to resort to derogatory generalizations about your competitors. I am surprised that iMore management permits its staff to post in such a manner.

Lastly, your comment that I am "new to iOS and iMore, so haven't come across this before" not only reflects incorrect assumptions about my experience with both iOS and forums similar to iMore, but is also, in my opinion, irrelevant to this discussion and more than a bit condescending.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Thank you again for your reply.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm just saying if they cared, they would be a presence in forums. My boss was here answering password app questions before I started working for him. He's still an active presence on a few other iOS forums. I'm sorry you can't reconcile my working for a developer and being iMore staff. There is no conflict of interest, although that is certainly what you're implying.

My comment that you're new and haven't seen it before relates to the thousand posts by me talking about DataVault and my working for the company.

End of our discussion.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always gotten prompt replies from the 1Password developer whenever I've emailed support. I personally would think it a bit weird if they were haunting forums that were not their own. But that's just me. If I have a problem with an app, I go straight to the developer not to an unrelated forum.
Same here. Alli, are you here because you work for Ascendo or would you already be a member of iMore? It's a leap to make a statement that "they'd be here" -- how many forums are there for iProducts, not to mention Android, Windows Mobile, etc., and then your own support forums as well. Do you spend equal time at MacRumors answering questions there?

I guess in the end the "those companies don't care who or where you are" comment is a bit over the top...

FWIW, I really like Last Pass, and have no affiliation with them whatsoever except I pay them to use their product. Well I guess that's not 100% true -- I get a free month if you subscribe using my link. ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I like Last Pass a lot as well and use it on my computers for web logins. I don't, however, use it for the stuff I need that's not web related, like my bank account numbers, frequent flyer accounts, and insurance info.