Overheating !

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new case for my XS (Spigen Liquid Air ). For the first time I got an overheating warning, put it on a heat sink (8lb of iron) tried it again, overheat warning ! Cooled it off again, put on old case, according to Amperes app temperature normal. Put new case on again, in about ten minutes app said Warm , and I could feel it getting warmer.
Sent new case back again ! Just a warning to the wise.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have used Spigen cases for my iPhone 11 Pro, and I didn’t have any such issues.

I would have overheat warnings because it’s 33°C outdoors - which would happen without a case as well.

Maybe you had a defective case; that’s always possible.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Indeed some cases seem to insulate heat more than others. Personally I usually stick to apple made iPhone cases never seemed to have a problem with them.

Thanks for the heads up op.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an overheating issue using OtterBox cases. The only other brand I've used was once with an Apple Leather Case in 2015 on my 6s Plus. LOL

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have used various cases, some Apple silicon, some aftermarket, on four different, iPhones. This is the first time this has ever happened, this may or may not coincide with this being the first case I have had made of
TPU. It occurs to me to wonder if the thermal qualities of TPU are allowing the heat of my hand to add to the heat the XS generates in use, sounds unlikely but…
I brought this up because it is unusual, and to be honest, because I was disappointed, as I had read good things about Spigen cases.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I only feel my 14 pro max get a little heated when I dont have a case on it while its charging but other then that never have a heating issue with this phone

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77