[REVIEW] Ringke Dual-X Case for the iPhone XS Max

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhU-Gz5smZ0

Have you ever heard the expression “location, location, location?” Well, the Ringke Dual-X is kind of like that, except it’s more like “presentation, presentation, presentation.” From the moment I laid eyes on this beautiful new case, I thought “I have to get one of these.” So, I did just that. And not only did I get one of them, I had Ringke send me out three different colors, so I could show them off. The Dual-X is the latest brainchild of Ringke, and I have to say… I’m a fan! So, let’s get to it, shall we? Say “hello” to the Ringke Dual-X for the iPhone XS Max.

20181015_213042(1).jpg

The Look: The Dual-X is a very eye-catching case. I have always been a fan of two-piece cases, and I think this dates back to my fondness for the old company Trident, and their Aegis line of cases. Well, I’m also a huge fan of Ringke’s DualPro case, and now… I’m a huge fan of the Dual-X. The Dual-X is something special that really looks fantastic and makes me want to put it on my phone without a second thought. I’m normally inclined to steer towards clear cases because I like to see my phone underneath the case, but not with this one. It was lust at first sight, and I have no qualms about covering up my Apple logo for this guy. Additionally, the case is very sturdy. After using it as my daily driver for four to five days, I couldn’t find a single blemish or micro-abrasion on the back, which goes a long way in my book. Additionally, it doesn’t show fingerprints! The Dual-X case comes in four different colors: Iron Red, SF Black, Sand, and Metallic Purple. I didn’t receive the purple colored one, but the other three are on full display in the picture below.

20181015_213048(1).jpg
20181015_213058(1).jpg
20181015_213102(1).jpg

The Feel: The Dual-X has a very slippery back, and it takes some getting used to. The first full day I had the case on my phone, my iPhone almost took a nosedive onto the concrete. This concerned me quite a bit. However, the rubberized texture of the TPU bumpers have adequate grip. So, the moral of the story here is to now carry the phone around in the palm of your hand – also be careful with setting it on surfaces in your car while you’re driving. Other than the slick back, it has a sold feel to it and the weight seems to disperse evenly throughout the phone. The iPhone is not a light phone by any means so even with the minimal amount of weight from the Dual-X, it does feel heftier. The form factor isn’t greatly obscured, and it doesn’t feel “fat”, but it feels like it’s put on a few extra pounds.

IMG_20181023_225107.jpg
IMG_20181023_225134.jpg

Security: Security is pretty solid in the Dual-X. As mentioned, it has a two-piece system that works together to provide MIL-STD drop protection. The case has a polycarbonate shell with a rubberized TPU inner shell, which provides shock absorbing characteristics and absorbs potential damage on impact, in case you accidentally drop the phone. Building off of the naturally impact absorbent properties of the case, the hard-exterior shell adds an even greater layer of protection from objects and drops on hard surfaces. A really nice feature that the Dual-X has is the integrated heat dissipation system. The case has 6 “vents”, for lack of a better word, that allow heat to escape out from underneath the phone and let fresh air in. It may not seem like a lot, but if you’re in an extreme environment, use your phone for long periods of time or do serious gaming, then the added heat dissipation will help make the phone more comfortable to hold, as well as extend the life of your phone by protecting the hardware from heat damage. And topping it all off, the phone case still allows for wireless charging!

IMG_20181023_225117.jpg
IMG_20181023_225121.jpg
IMG_20181023_225146.jpg

Conclusion: I’m a big fan. I don’t usually gush this much over cases, but other than the slippery characteristics of the back shell, I like it a lot. It’s protective, it’s well-built, and it looks really cool. The Iron Red one really reminds of Iron Man. I’ve been sporting around the Sand colored one, and I think it looks cool as well. This is definitely a “must have” case for people who operate in tactical environments. I know I would have loved to have this case back when I was still in the military. It won’t snag on your cargo pockets, it protects your phone from impacts and damage, and it just looks cool! Additionally, the coolness factor is multiplied by the fact that it’s only $16.99!

If you’re interested in picking up one of these super cool looking cases, head on over to Ringke’s website where you can pick one up for $16.99 - https://www.ringkestore.com/collect...s/iphone-xs-max-dual-x?variant=12353470857316 - As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77