Question Iphone dual sim

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi!
I had a dual sim iphone 11 and have upgraded to 12 pro max, my problem is in settings I kept seing dual sim,dual sim. Though it doesn't stop my iphone in any way, how do I delete that altogether?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you seeing one of your SIM cards as “No Service”?

Are you using the eSIM slot to connect to the network?

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually, this present phone is not dual sim but I have both esim as well as one physical sim and they work normally. My problem is I kept seing a sign of the backed up of the former iphone 11 dual sim and I want to remove altogether.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, this present phone is not dual sim but I have both esim as well as one physical sim and they work normally. My problem is I kept seing a sign of the backed up of the former iphone 11 dual sim and I want to remove altogether.
Go into Settings, and then Cellular.

It should list all SIM cards present, eSIM or nanoSIM.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings, and then Cellular.

It should list all SIM cards present, eSIM or nanoSIM.

I think I should explain further. I had a dual sim iphone 11 Pro max from which I restore all contents to my new iphone 12 pro max through my Apple computer which is single sim but I added an esim which makes it a dual sim.
Unfortunately, when I try making calls at times it will try picking the remnants of the old iphone 11 Pro max settings mentioning an unavailable sim or something like that.

It has so many unavailable sim named
USE AS SECONDARY USE AS PRIMARY and so on and so forth.
How do I delete all those and leave just leave those sims I have already named.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I think you are confused.

Your iPhone 12 is a dual sim phone. You can have two esim or one esim and one physical SIM card.

Since you have an esim and a physical sim active you will continue to see primary or secondary in the cellular setting.

If you would like to get rid of that you have to either deactivate your esim or remove your physical sim.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think you are confused.

Your iPhone 12 is a dual sim phone. You can have two esim or one esim and one physical SIM card.

Since you have an esim and a physical sim active you will continue to see primary or secondary in the cellular setting.

If you would like to get rid of that you have to either deactivate your esim or remove your physical sim.

Sorry, I have a single sim iphone 12 pro max.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I have a single sim iphone 12 pro max.

A single physical SIM and an e-SIM.
That’s a dual SIM , and you have both activated.

if you want the dual sim menu to disappear, you either have to deactivate or delete the esim or remove the physical sim.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the screen shot but for the life of cannot upload here. I have tried to no avail

Don’t worry about it.

You are using a dual sim set up not a dual physical sim setup like your iPhone 11.

Either delete your esim or remove the physical sim to have the menu removed on your iPhone.

Best of luck.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Don’t worry about it.

You are using a dual sim set up not a dual physical sim setup like your iPhone 11.

Either delete your esim or remove the physical sim to have the menu removed on your iPhone.

Best of luck.
emoji482.png

Don’t worry about it.

Best of luck.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Click on the sim you don’t want and then delete it.

Last option on the bottom, “delete esim” in red.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
You can see I have GLO and MTN which are the single sim and the esim but all the others keep on popping when I want to make a call. I just need know how to delete them so as to allow using only the Sims I have named.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can see I have GLO and MTN which are the single sim and the esim but all the others keep on popping when I want to make a call. I just need know how to delete them so as to allow using only the Sims I have named.

Tap on it or tap and hold.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77