Optimized charging on series 9?

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Was it always there? Or is it the new update. I woke up this morning to my watch charged to 75%. I’ve never had that before. Is this new? For the record this is my 3rd watch lol

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Optimized Charging was introduced in watchOS 7, a little bit over 3 years ago.

Optimized Charge Limit is a new feature from this year.

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Optimized Charging was introduced in watchOS 7, a little bit over 3 years ago.

Optimized Charge Limit is a new feature from this year.

I never noticed it before today. Do I leave it on? Is it better for the watch?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed it before today. Do I leave it on? Is it better for the watch?
It depends on your usage of the Watch.

If you can get through your usual usage with a 80% charge, I would leave it on. It should help extend the longevity of the battery in the long-term.

Reactions: Annie_M

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
It depends on your usage of the Watch.

If you can get through your usual usage with a 80% charge, I would leave it on. It should help extend the longevity of the battery in the long-term.

I tend to put the watch on around 6:30 am and take it off around 11 pm. I typically have about 50% left. I guess it’s ok to leave on. I just never saw it before so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: EdwinG and Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@Abbie C - I'm the kind of person who wants my devices charged to 100% when I take them off the charger. However, I do understand the merits of optimized charging. I will be interested to see how you do with this, if you decide to pursue it! Please update us when you can! :D

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
@Abbie C - I'm the kind of person who wants my devices charged to 100% when I take them off the charger. However, I do understand the merits of optimized charging. I will be interested to see how you do with this, if you decide to pursue it! Please update us when you can! :D

I’m the same way which is why I’m hesitant. I had the series 7 for two years before the battery became a slight issue. And by slight I mean I got 11-12 hours before I felt the need to charge as opposed to almost 18-20. And it wasn’t dead lol. So I may turn the feature off. We’ll see.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a series 7, and I'm still getting an average of 25-27 hours between charges, and I'm not using optimized charging.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I use it on my watch because I'm rarely under 50% when I switch from day watch to night watch. I charge my iPhone to 100% however, because I don't care about longevity of the battery.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77