Official iTunes Match launch thread!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iTunes Match is here... if you can get in! It's still beta, Apple may still delete your library, and right now they're saying to check back in a hour because they're overloaded and aren't letting anyone new subscribe for the moment.

So let's troubleshoot right here.

Can you get in?

How good is your catalog scan?

How good is your upload?

Are you downloading and playing or streaming to your devices?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Installed via [URL="https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/#mn_p]apple.com[/URL] (software update doesn't have it yet) and when I click iTunes Match it shows:

New iTunes Match subscriptions are temporarily unavailable.
Due to overwhelming demand, iTunes Match is not accepting new subscriptions at this time. Please check back in an hour.

When I click the link "Subscribe for $24.99" I get the following message:

Your library contains too many songs.
To participate in iTunes Match, your library must contain no more then 25,000 songs that were not purchased from the iTunes Store.

I have 41,605 songs in my library. Oh well.

Chadwackg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get in. Started with my small library on my laptop before uploading my whole collection. It all uploaded with the exception of 7 songs which said they could not upload due to an error and 3 songs that are not eligible for iCloud. The 3 songs were taken right off one on my ever clear CD's not sure why they didn't load. Im not sure what ones it actually matched and what ones are just uploaded from my collection. So far it seems to work well.

trucksmoveamverica

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
how do you upload the music from your computer to the cloud for Imatch. I turned it on, and the music came off my phone, itunes store shows my purchased music, but nothing from the computer burned from a CD, or bought elsewhere. Thanks

orfny

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
iTunes Plus?

If you sign up for iTunes Match is there any way to get the 256kbps DRM free versions downloaded to the iTunes libary on your computer? This would save everybody from having to upgrade older 128kbps purchased songs via iTunes Plus ($0.30 per song!). Maybe it's as simple as syncing your iPhone to your computer and all the files will be transferred or replaced? That would make the $24.99 fee a bargain!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I was looking forward to iTunes match, but for $25 a year.. I think I'll be sticking with Google Music which does nearly the same thing for free.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

Just a couple of things. Google music is currently free, but they have admitted they will likely charge in the future.

Also, while, yes, essentially the same, the big difference is that this service only uploads what it doesn't match in iTunes. Everything else is matched and available as 256 k drm free AAC.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
On my wife's iPhone it is working perfectly but on my iPhone (and both our iPads) but it keeps saying that I need enable iTunes match on my computer when I turn on iTunes match on my iPhone. Any ideas?

*** Update, I just did a reset of settings (settings>general>reset>reset all settings
This worked for me the only pain is I had to change my ringtone, wallpaper, etc... back to the way I had it. ****

Last edited:

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
The matched status in iTunes seems a bit off. Initially said 4300 of 9100 songs matched, but the smart playlists I made for the status don't match. Some wired things say they are matched (random chapters from books I haven't converted yet) while others that should match (Achtung Baby for instance) aren't.

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Will Using iTunes Match Erase All my Music from my Phone

The way I understand it, iTunes Match involves streaming, so your music is only available when you have an internet connection, right? I want to keep some music stored on the hard drive of my phone.

BUT, when I go to enable iTunes Match on my phone, I get a message saying, "iTunes Match will replace the music library on this device." Does that mean all my music will be erased from my iPhone? Will I no longer be able to listen to my music without an internet connection? I ride the Metro a lot and, during that time, don't have an internet/wireless connection, and that's when I listen to the most music.

Help!

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The way I understand it, iTunes Match involves streaming, so your music is only available when you have an internet connection, right? I want to keep some music stored on the hard drive of my phone.

BUT, when I go to enable iTunes Match on my phone, I get a message saying, "iTunes Match will replace the music library on this device." Does that mean all my music will be erased from my iPhone? Will I no longer be able to listen to my music without an internet connection? I ride the Metro a lot and, during that time, don't have an internet/wireless connection, and that's when I listen to the most music.

Help!

There is NO streaming with iTunes match. It didn't replace my music but only added a new folder named music and that is where the other matching music is located. All my other playlists stayed.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Help!

There is no true streaming. It does start playing pretty quickly, but then that song is on your device until you delete it.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Everything went smooth for me. The whole process took about 45 from start to finish. And that is with my over 3000 songs. I do wish that there was a free trail of the service much the same that mobile me did back in the day. That said 25 bucks a year is not bad.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Installed via [URL="https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/#mn_p]apple.com[/URL] (software update doesn't have it yet) and when I click iTunes Match it shows:

New iTunes Match subscriptions are temporarily unavailable.
Due to overwhelming demand, iTunes Match is not accepting new subscriptions at this time. Please check back in an hour.

When I click the link "Subscribe for $24.99" I get the following message:

Your library contains too many songs.
To participate in iTunes Match, your library must contain no more then 25,000 songs that were not purchased from the iTunes Store.

I have 41,605 songs in my library. Oh well.

How do you have 41,605 songs? I have 5,900 and I thought I had a lot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB