New iPad owner thoughts

Crispy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got a 32GB black wifi iPad 2 and wanted to share my impressions, having never owned an Apple product till now.

- its gorgeous. Besides the design, you just don't know how good IPS screen is till you've used it

- I don't have any paid apps yet. At first I was a little bit concerned that there's much less free content than for Android, but managing so far.

- some of the non-obvious things - Gmail account must be setup through Exchange, not via Gmail, otherwise contact sync etc doesn't work.

- AppShopper app is much better than the AppStore since it lets me filter easily and is also faster

- I absolutely love iBooks !! Android has no comparable pdf reader. I only have a few epub books, mostly use it for pdf now. Why would I need a paid reader like GoodReader?

- iOS is just so smooth and polished. Again its one of those things I didn't appreciate till actually using it, like all the little animations in the UI.

- My phone is an Evo 4g (which is 4.3", pretty bi screen). Yet after using the iPad it feels tiny and inadequate ;)

- now for some bad news - wifi on iPad is much less reliable than my other devices. e.g. it won't let me stream video without stuttering even though I have a N router.

- I'm reading a lot more news due to the great news apps on iPad. It may end up making me smarter ;)

- I can't jailbreak it due to newer firmware which I wanted to do. Looking forward to iOS 5

- Haven't bought any accessories yet. The screen is a fingerprint magnet, I at least need a screen protector.

- and finally, I recommend buying on a Fri so you have the weekend to play with your new toy!

CD1X

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
i have an 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 but still decided to get an ipad 2 because i wanted to see what all the fuss was about and I must say...I really havent stopped using this thing....the Galaxy Tab is now collecting dust...lol

CD1X

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
ooo wow...where to start...for one th ipad is snappier and more responsive....of course you know there are many many more apps on the ipad...and apps that are on both platforms turn out better on the ipad...(except Youtube) lol overall the ipad 2 for me just offers more functionality and a more enjoyable experience...I seriously cant get away from this thing....lol

vince1979

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
i have an 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 but still decided to get an ipad 2 because i wanted to see what all the fuss was about and I must say...I really havent stopped using this thing....the Galaxy Tab is now collecting dust...lol

I am on the same boat....I got the Acer Iconia A500 about 4 months ago and like yourself I got the Ipad 2 and now my Acer Iconia A500 will start to collect dust :)

n1smo

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I also jumped on the iPad bandwagon and I'm glad I did! I bought the 16G wifi version and have filled it up with 2GB worth of apps. No music or any other type of media as I stream everything off my desktop. Works great when on the home wifi but not so great at the moment when connected to the Verizon 3G network. Which is why I had no intentions of getting the 3G version because I'll be able to upgrade my phone later to much faster technology and tether it to the iPad as I am doing now.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the iPad family, I too have owned a Motorola Xoom in addition to my iPad 2 and have to tell you that I think the iPad 2 is just works better than Honeycomb IMO.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got my White iPad 2 a few days ago and its so awesome. I think the reason Apple is the number 1 tablet maker is because of how smooth iOS feels. I can definitely notice a difference with the dual core processor. Love it!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yawmelo09