New iMore Site Design: Official Feedback Thread

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
As a main reader of the frontpage these days and only on occasion now, I'd have to say please stop reposting articles or at least reset the comments. Articles without comments (or dated comments) are bad.

I'd say stop with the how to's or nintendo stuff but you seem to know this even if they keep coming. Just the Rene and Ren stuff please. Would a hub work? I don't know. I think imore's obsession with "more" hurts them too. I almost wish they had their separate page. Or a paid version with imore's most senior writers.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
uuuumm.......how does one get to the forums from the landing page? The old General section?

Click on the "hamburger" or three dashes or Menu to the upper left of the header, then scroll down and you'll see a Forums link, click on that to go in to the forums. :)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Why can I not get desktop view on mobile?
2. Why is there no image posting option on the mobile view?

Definitely something is up with mobile view. I get what appears to be the full desktop view but with no header at all. As for image posting it has NEVER been good from devices, BUT for me it does work from my iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Definitely something is up with mobile view. I get what appears to be the full desktop view but with no header at all. As for image posting it has NEVER been good from devices, BUT for me it does work from my iPhone.
Image posting may show on desktop view. Mine refuses to show desktop view in Safari. I get it ok in the Puffin browser. They push a limited mobile view. I've never been a fan of mobile view on sites on iPhone. I much prefer desktop view. It offers more and is not difficult to navigate at all.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
uuuumm.......how does one get to the forums from the landing page? The old General section?

I just had the same question/problem. Tried clicking on the Hamburger, but didn't notice a way to get to Forums from there, but could have missed it. Finally noticed a tiny chat bubble icon in the far upper right corner on the main landing page. Hovering over that icon says "Header navigation", but clicking on it took me to the forums.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Image posting may show on desktop view. Mine refuses to show desktop view in Safari. I get it ok in the Puffin browser. They push a limited mobile view. I've never been a fan of mobile view on sites on iPhone. I much prefer desktop view. It offers more and is not difficult to navigate at all.

100% agreement, I use desktop view while on mobile also it should be an option. Our mobile browsers are capable of "requesting desktop page" so why not allow that?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just had the same question/problem. Tried clicking on the Hamburger, but didn't notice a way to get to Forums from there, but could have missed it. Finally noticed a tiny chat bubble icon in the far upper right corner on the main landing page. Hovering over that icon says "Header navigation", but clicking on it took me to the forums.

I missed that! Handy! But yes there is a Forums link under the hamburger you just have to scroll down its towards the bottom.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are all these changes going on the reason "likes" are not showing in the apps? They don't show in either TapaTalk or the iMore forums app. Other forums in TapaTalk are fine.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Forums don't work on Internet Explorer. Nothing is clickable for me and can't access anything. On Chrome I am having a scroll issue. Scroll wheel on the mouse won't make the page scroll. I have to click the bar on the right side to make the page go up/down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy