Need some advice

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
After having some issues recently with my yahoo mail not being pushed to my phone, I'm considering changing some things. But I have a couple of questions.

1. For starters, my apple ID is still used the yahoo address. Can I change this to my newly created .me account??

2. Secondly, does the iCloud mail push/sync smoothly??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After having some issues recently with my yahoo mail not being pushed to my phone, I'm considering changing some things. But I have a couple of questions.

1. For starters, my apple ID is still used the yahoo address. Can I change this to my newly created .me account??

2. Secondly, does the iCloud mail push/sync smoothly??

1. You can create a .me account under your current Apple ID and then use it to access iCloud. You can also create a whole different Apple ID. That is what I had to do because both my daughter and I have iPhones and were sharing the same Apple ID, some of my stuff was showing up on her device and vice versa. The only time we share the same Apple ID is for purchases.

2. iCloud mail works flawlessly for me and yes, it pushes email very quickly. Note: I have both an iPad 2 (WiFi only version) and an iPhone 4S and if I have both turned on, the iPad always seem to get the notification a second or two before the iPhone.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
however, if Yahoo is having issues with doing mail correctly, then that issue will follow whatever path you have for receiving that mail.

There are lots of posts on the forum regarding frustration with Yahoo mail (me included).

What I have done for now is setup a Gmail account (setup as exchange) and provided that to family and friends or anyone else from who I want to make sure I receive my mail timely. Everything else I will just leave on my Yahoo.

The issue likely stems from Yahoo mail not truly being push. The notifications are push but the mail delivery itself is IMAP. I think there is an error somewhere in how it was all implemented. If you have issues, keep sending your problems to Apple support and even the Yahoo Twitter account @yahoomail.....

gary1949

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I posted this a few minutes ago in the in the IOS 5 Forum:

I purchased Yahoo Plus ($20/yr.) so that my email would work with iCloud (POP needed) and I was hoping push notifications would improve with Yahoo's premium service. It didn't. I decided to switch from Yahoo to Gmail, so I spent most of the past weekend notifying my contacts, changing my email address in eBay, Paypal, Facebook and a hundred or so other accounts, creating a new Apple ID, etc, etc. It was a PITA, but now it's done.

Gmail pushes to my iPhone 4S in seconds (I've done several tests). Works flawlessly.

Bite the bullet and move on to an email provider that plays well with the iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I, too, agree that gmail is superior to Yahoo and the gmail exchange pushes email quickly. I've yet to notice any problems with yahoo mail, but then again, it is one of my throw-away email accounts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53