My iphone is being weird!!

SGraves125

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Alright so I have goggled and done everything to try and fix my iphone. I am on vacation before i left my iphone worked perfect nothing was wrong with it . it charged fine and everything. when i got to where i was staying i went to charge my phone because it was almost dead. so i plugged it in to the wall (with the attachment i always use). nothing happened. It usually vibrates to tell me that the it is charging but it didnt even do that. so i left it over night, came back the next morning and it was full charged. That same night the battery was at 0. i didnt know what was wrong with it. i recently dropped it and the center button wouldnt work. i left it over nght because the battery needed to be charged anyways. it was fine the next morning. the other night my phone died and i went to put it on the charger and the apple logo appeared then disappeared. i went online and did everything like holding the center button and plugging the usb cord in at the same time, or holding the home button and the top button. that worked. it died again after being fully charged now it will not turn on and when i plug it in the logo appears then disappears, i do not know what to do.
If you could help me please let me know.
thank you

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
where did U go on vacation. U S or Europe ? the electrical power plugs of these 2 countries are NOT the samw

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Make an appointment online and go to the apple store. They will replace it for you. You might wanna skip the details about plugging it in with attachments though, cause they might fault you for that. Just say it just stopped working :p

SGraves125

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
i live in Ontario Canada i just went to Nova scotia so its not the plugs is there anyway i can fix this problem my self? or should i just take it in ?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I would think that the phone could have suffered a surge of some kind. The plugs may not be a concern, but the voltages could be an issue. It only takes an overvoltage situation a millisecond or so to burn a component in a charging circuit.

From everything you have said, it seems that it is taking the phone a long time to charge, or does not charge at all. The factors to check on your own are the outlet being used, the adapters (if any) and the USB/charging cable. If you want to pop the case and check that the battery is connected, that is your concern and it also voids the warranty of the device.

I would think that when you dropped it, you may have damaged something internal also. PCB boards inside of mobile devices are not always the strongest things, as they have to be thin and small most of the time and get rattled around.

I would guess that if it is not an issue with the power and cables or adapters, then it is the phone and needs to be replaced/repaired.

Mike P

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Iphone3G miss behaving

I must have gone on holiday to the same place. Brunei is same voltage as UK so don't think it was this. On holiday phone was working fine. Returned and Iphone decides when it wishes to accept incoming calls. Texts in/out and making calls is not a problem. Perform restore and it receives a first call. Thereafter a problem as it doesn't accept call. But then later in the day a surprise call on my Iphone. So it works sometimes but more often not. From being the best thing in the world its worse than not having a phone at all (almost) Battery seems to drain v quicky too.
I uploaded the latest software when I returned from holiday and thought this was the problem.
On the blogs its comforting that many are having similar issues. Unfortunately I need to go out and buy a Nokia until I can return to singapore to get a new Iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB