My iPhone 5S's first injury :(

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Today at work at the desk I had my iphone 5S on my laptop and I forgot about it, I got up from the desk and the iphone fell about 3ft and it's got a small crack at the top of the screen
:( gutted!!!

Share your first accidents....

Sent from my iPhone 5S

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Today at work at the desk I had my iphone 5S on my laptop and I forgot about it, I got up from the desk and the iphone fell about 3ft and it's got a small crack at the top of the screen

Sent from my iPhone 5S

My condolences.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5S

So sorry mate. My phone met with an accident back in June where it fell from a table in a beer cafe. It got a dent near 3.5mm headphone jack and bezel got hurt!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I got the very first iPhone...about a week after I bought it, we were getting out of the car and I forgot it was in my lap...it tumbled down to the asphalt and dented the metal corner. I was so upset...thankfully a case covered the dent, but man, I still remember cringing while watching it fall it what seemed like slow motion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I dropped my 5S flat on its face on commercial tile at work the other day and nothing happened. Funny because my iPhone 5 took the same type of fall on hard bathroom tile before and the screen completely shattered. About 3 feet each tumble.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh man that stinks. At least it still works though, right? :)

Yes it works but I'm not looking forward seeing if dirt gets stuck in the crack on the screen! It will be really noticeable aswell as I have the white/silver model

Sent from my iPhone 5S

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine from waist high and the glass shattered, was in an elago slim case that obviously didn't help. Cost me $150 to replace the glass.

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I once accidentally kicked my iPod Touch 2G out of my mom's hand and then screen got a massive crack down the middle of the screen.

My iPhone 5S hasn't broken yet (a few scratches from cavalier usage) and there was one point where I dropped it from table height onto a hard stone-like floor and it didn't get damaged at all. I don't know how.

Sorry to hear about your iPhone; is the crack bit enough for you to want to replace it? Or will you just continue using it?

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 5S

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive owned every iPhone since they were introduced and I've never busted a screen. Actually, Ive never busted a screen on any cell phone I've owned. The worst was when I bought my 4s. We were driving on a trip somewhere and I kept getting out of the car with my phone on my lap. It hit the pavement 3 times that trip, dented and scratched the hell out of the aluminum but never touched the screen.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about your mishap. I've always wanted to go naked with my iPhone. But I chose to go with a slim case like you had. I dropped my phone and it dented the case. After that I put my phone back in the Belkin case. I simply cannot afford to have to place this phone.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I've broken so many iPhones over the years the numbers would make you cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife has dropped her pink 5 three times this week alone. No damage yet but I'm waiting.. My 5s is still drop free so far.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app