music/photos/tones won't sync iPhone 5 IOS7.1.2

Persephoneie

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I am currently NOT jailbroken, I restored my iPhone 5 to IOS 7.1.2 from my evasion jailbreak because media would not sync. I backed up and restored and synced several times & then deleted all of my media from phone and did a back up without the media and manually added it back and now my entire music library skips over. I also seem to have photos stuck on my phone from a couple syncs back. :crying:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there Persephoneie and welcome to iMore.

If the track skips over (I assume you mean in iTunes) it is because the music file is not stored in the location on your computer where iTunes thinks it should be. Have you tried adding the music file location to iTunes again and seeing if it picks up the music tracks again?

If i've misread it and your music is showing on your phone but skips over the tracks when you try to play them from your phone then I think it's still an issue of the OS seeing the music headers containing the track info but the actual track not being present on your phone. If you connect your phone to iTunes, what does it say down the bottom of the summary page regarding the memory allocation of what is installed on your device?

Persephoneie

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of that as well, I did not get ALL the music off initially. The option to manually manage my music had been changed. (since getting my hard drive replaced a ton of settings have been changed. My restore was not complete) I *think* I have figured it out for the most part. There are still many songs that I of course manually added to iTunes & were given to me that are just GONE so I suspect I am F***** there....After checking iTunes my settings for "Manually manage music" had been changed. I checked that box and re-added my music and it's working now.

The photos were still an issue last night. There was a issue while syncing the other day and my computer crashed & though my macbook thinks they had been deleted they had not been. I updated my macbook pro (17" from 2011 on 10.9.4) and this morning iPhoto finally asked me if I wanted to erase them. I am really puzzled why the same steps are suddenly working...seems like the photos are syncing properly after a good nights sleep :p In the morning when I opened iPhoto and connected my phone it now had a box asking me if I wanted to delete the photos that were already imported and after doing so my phone now syncs properly. I am not entirely sure what settings changed as I did not change them, this all happened after restoring and updating to 7.1.2

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ah good stuff. Yes, my first thought was that it was your computer rather than your phone at fault.

iTunes really is an inelegant piece of software anyway. Just hateful as a music player and intrusive and unintuitive as a media syncing system. I only have it on my computer because I have to, to update and backup my devices. If I could do it any other way with ease, I would.

I am hoping beyond hope that it is better integrated on a Mac than it is on a PC.

Persephoneie

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Usually it's not a problem, I recently had to have my hard drive replaced and I think when my system restored it did not restore properly. I was on the evasion jb and had music I knew was from another library as I was using multi-tunes at the time so I didn't sync my phone but of course neglected to remember to change the back up to iCloud setting so it messed up my music on my phone anyway. When I tried to sync this mess all went down and until now I didn't realize that the settings had been changed. I agree though, iTunes is useless. A friend of mine uses windows music program, sorry I don't remember the name, but the music discovery features and random play are actually useful. I remember being at his place and making a point to ask because the shuffle was EPIC.

haha, now to try the pangu jb :p