Latest ios and IPhone 12 pro max.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem with the search engine. From the main screen when you draw down, contacts application is not among the applications you can search and see results. With the old iphone 11, you can type part of the name and see results immediately but not with new IPhone 12 pro max. It seems as if contacts are not among the applications included. All other applications like maps, messages are there. I am running the latest ios.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Open up Siri and search in the settings app and make sure the contacts app is enabled.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did, everything is checked up.

I don't use the Contacts app. Not on my screen. If you have everything toggled on in Siri & Search, and you still don't see it, then maybe Apple removed it in a recent update. Was everything already toggled on, or did you just do it? If you just did it, it may take a while to show.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Contacts app. Not on my screen. If you have everything toggled on in Siri & Search, and you still don't see it, then maybe Apple removed it in a recent update. Was everything already toggled on, or did you just do it? If you just did it, it may take a while to show.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand that you aren't able to find the contacts app listed in your SIRI suggestions when swiping down from the home. I've been playing around with it and tried to search for a friend's contact info by typing their last name (Jones) in the spotlight search. That brought up all sorts of options, as I have many people named Jones in my contacts! Would that help?

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I understand that you aren't able to find the contacts app listed in your SIRI suggestions when swiping down from the home. I've been playing around with it and tried to search for a friend's contact info by typing their last name (Jones) in the spotlight search. That brought up all sorts of options, as I have many people named Jones in my contacts! Would that help?

I do not see that. All my contacts and even the contacts application do not show.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 12 Pro Max. When I pull down and type in "Contacts", the Contacts app and my SA Contacts app shows. If I type in a contact's name, it shows with options. I deleted the Contacts app, then typed in a name. Still shows that contact with options. Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)? You might also try Reset All Settings. Settings>General >Reset > Reset All Settings

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is what I see when I type in a name on my 12 Pro Max.
6dc1a6435c1d1432c39f5e31419f81df.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I see what you mean! Once I type in a partial name for a friend, I see their listing in my contacts, and if I have more than one person with the same last name, I can see several. At this point, I'm not sure what to tell you. :( Can you see the contacts app from your home screen?

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean! Once I type in a partial name for a friend, I see their listing in my contacts, and if I have more than one person with the same last name, I can see several. At this point, I'm not sure what to tell you. :( Can you see the contacts app from your home screen?

Of course I can and can only search thru that

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If Aminatu is in your Contacts, you should see it there, with the profile pic and options. And it's not necessary to have the Contacts app on screen to see it. It shows fine on my 12 Pro Max. Did you try what I suggested above?

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a 12 Pro Max. When I pull down and type in "Contacts", the Contacts app and my SA Contacts app shows. If I type in a contact's name, it shows with options. I deleted the Contacts app, then typed in a name. Still shows that contact with options. Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)? You might also try Reset All Settings. Settings>General >Reset > Reset All Settings

My fear is once I do full reset, I will loose everything I have which runs into thousands ??????, I have another option of recovering from iTunes but I may end up with the same problem since just yesterday I recovered from it from an earlier back up.
Please, isn't there a way to view all my applications one by one after factory reset to install?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77