Is it really this hard to set a song as a ringtone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not find it to be extremely inconvenient to have to take several steps to get a ringtone on my phone. It is really only like a 3 step process. More often than not I just purchase them, but when I am feeling frugal I will take the time to make them myself and transfer them from my computer.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the trend is fading. Maybe not. I have over 30 ringtones that I've created over the years. And I still use several of the old BlackBerry alerts for stuff like email and text messages. And I still use custom ringtones for family members. But with that said, I haven't changed them in years. I also haven't added any new ones in eons. As a "classic rock" guy, I'm pretty locked in. :)

Love classic rock. Good stuff!

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used a custom ringtone in years lol. Preloaded stuff for tones and notifications are perfectly fine for me :)

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Just a cash cow for Apple to make even more money, ain't gonna ever change. No big issue for me as I rarely change my ringtone, nor do I buy any music from them either. However, I can see why some might be peeved.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read. iTunes "music" is not such a cash bonanza as some may think. iTunes net in the first Q of 2014 was 2.4 billion. This includes The App Store The Mac App Store and iBooks. I've read it increased from 2013 but the music side stayed flat. The increase was from the App Store.
So the fact that a user can't "play" a song as a ringtone on a iPhone doesn't have anything to do with money in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No way! BB users create ringtones??? I thought all you guys were too busy creating spreadsheets, sending thousands of emails per sec and just making the world a much more productive place.

I wasn't sure BB phones even rang.

I mean who actually has time to talk when they're being super-hyper productive?

Woow!

I learned something today.

Last edited:

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
But I spoke the truth. When one speaks up for the brand that he believes in amidst untruths being told about said products, then I don't consider that as "trolling". But their mods do.

The mods at AC have no interest in anyone's opinion if it differs from theirs.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So the fact that a user can't "play" a song as a ringtone on a iPhone doesn't have anything to do with money in my opinion.
But those who are fanatics of other platforms use it as one of their trite memes to vent their ire on Apple...

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
There are apps for making ringtones... and doing so is only as difficult as one chooses to make it.

This thread is a horse in need of a rendering plant...

Not everyone is a tech person, some are just user ;)
This is just like android user tend to proud they can change their os interface completely, and apple user claim that ios simplicity is cool, ios user won't be bother to tweak their phone for better performance.

The bottom line is, in ios, we are not allowed to simple choose the mp3 file from your phone, but need apps to create a new file for ringtone

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
No way! BB users create ringtones??? I thought all you guys were too busy creating spreadsheets, sending thousands of emails per sec and just making the world a much more productive place.

I wasn't sure BB phones even rang.

I mean who acyually has time to talk when they're being super-hyper productive?

Woow!

I learned something today.

Bb doesn't need to create ringtones, just select your music file and use it as ringtones

And yes my bb do ring frequently, email and texting ;p spreadsheet is in my macbook lol

Email is really important for me, unless my custs will complain for late response -___-

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The bottom line really is that it's not a big deal to do...unless you want it to be...
It's a big deal if you don't have a computer to use and you'd like to have a few ringtones made with songs you've already paid for! But can't, because Apple wants you to pay twice for the same song!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

graystuff

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
To people coming to iPhone from other platforms it is an issue. Not a big one but could put people off. For me, it did put me off for years because I thought, well what else are they going make me pay for that other platforms don't.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
To people coming to iPhone from other platforms it is an issue. Not a big one but could put people off. For me, it did put me off for years because I thought, well what else are they going make me pay for that other platforms don't.

I disagree. I came from BlackBerry. I've used Windows and Android phones. Now I use an iPhone. It's not an issue for me.

Day-um.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
U have been able to make ur own ringtones since the iPhone 3G. Do we really have to keep beating the same dead horse. If it's too hard or to troublesome for u to make ur own ringtones just don't. And go for something u consider easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup