Is Apple Guilty of Tax Evasion?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The way I viewed the whole hearing was a repeat of the whole Foxconn thing in the sense that all the other big companies do the same things yet Apple is the one called in. Even though it was very accusatory the way I viewed it was that these politicians know the tax code is broken and needs to be fixed but they need to figure out how it should be fixed to make things better not worst. So they wanted to present all the info and their side of the story and try to come to a conclusion. My problem is if it doesn't lead to any decision so the whole thing was just a huge waste of time. My other problem is that the senators, I'm Canadian so hopefully I'm getting this right, who were very accusatory also do the same damn thing. I mean McCain's wife has a heap of money so don't tell me she doesn't use tax loopholes, offshore accounts, etc. to pay the lesat possible tax. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We can't know for sure if Apple has or hasn't broken any law. It might have used pretty legal ways of tax envasion, so why it should be blamed? It would be another issue if EC finds that the company broke the laws ion purpose.

Actually, we can know for sure...they didn't break any laws or they would have been charged with such (since they were going after them anyways, there's no way they stop right at the cusp of charges for no reason). They had nothing...Apple highlighted pieces of the tax code that allow for big tax avoidance, and did it legally. Just because the government doesn't LIKE something doesn't mean it's illegal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77