iPhone X Battery Problems & Battery Health

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. Well it appears my battery issues are back even with the new battery I last wrote about. I have lost 30 percent in the last 3 hours and just checked to make sure I have nothing running in background

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
On wifi but pretty strong. I also am very heavy user but even with that, I think 30 percent in 3 hours is a lot if I am only running a couple of browser windows and checking email. The new iOS also is responsible I think

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone X Battery Problems & Battery Health

Interesting indication on Battery Health since I did iOS 12.1 a couple of days ago. My iPhone 7plus is 21/2 years old (where does the time go??) and has shown Battery capacity from 98% when the Battery health beta was introduced. It was 96% recently when I checked before the last update,, now 'post-update' it's 94% which I'm very satisfied with. However it shows a bit of a 'nastygram' ie a tier below where thottling can be deactivated. My battery life & performance remain excellent and it rarely allowed to drop below 75% charge. I suspect having gone straight to the indication shown ie 'Battery Health-Service' + the 'significantly degraded' warning are nothing but a bug in 12.1 as all was good before updating.......not going to lose any sleep over it - let's see what happens when 12.1.1 is installed within the next month or so....
In the proverbial abundance of caution I installed a 3rd party 'Battery Life Doctor App' which I've used on my iPad, and was immediately not surprised to see the 96% I'm used to, and a report of 'excellent- no worries'

4088787f380fbc2bdd09114748b46fd9.jpg

Last edited:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The battery health on my 7 Plus was at 89% and my phone was purchased new in Feb 2017. Today I got the $29 battery replacement done at the Apple Store and while they were replacing the battery they found something was wrong with my display. This was news to me as I was totally unaware of any problem so they replaced the display as well for free. Glad I got the $29 battery replacement done as I would've never know about the impending display issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The battery health on my 7 Plus was at 89% and my phone was purchased new in Feb 2017. Today I got the $29 battery replacement done at the Apple Store and while they were replacing the battery they found something was wrong with my display. This was news to me as I was totally unaware of any problem so they replaced the display as well for free. Glad I got the $29 battery replacement done as I would've never know about the impending display issue.

89% is still very good. My 6s Plus was at 68% before I went for a battery. But they broke my camera and torch, so they gave me a brand new 6s Plus.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@Ledsteplin yeah you’re right my battery health wasn’t bad considering I use my phone daily for Apple Music with my AirPods while running. I remember the post about your first Apple Store experience. I know you wanted to keep some apps from iOS 10 but hey $30 for a brand spanking new 6s Plus is an awesome deal. Hope you continue to enjoy your new 6s Plus for years to come!!