iPhone Reboot Loop After Jailbreaking? iPhone 3GS 6.1.3

iTzxZac

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I finally got my 3GS on 6.1.3 jailbreaked through redsn0w and when it finishes it goes into a reboot loop? When I put it into DFU Mode during it's reboot loop and boot it tethered through redsn0w it goes to a pineapple screen and when the pineapple goes away and it would go into the iPhone but instead it instantly restarts itself and continues the reboot loop? I didn't have a reboot loop before I jailbroke it comes after I jailbreak it for some reason? Any help is highly appropriated because I really want to get this figured out.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Probably because u have a tethered jailbreak which means you need to connect to computer each time device turns off or resprings.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably because u have a tethered jailbreak which means you need to connect to computer each time device turns off or resprings.

If that were the problem, it would have been addressed during the "boot tethered" he discussed.

Additionally, it's not a tethered jailbreak. The 6.1.3 jailbreak for 3gs and 4 never was.

As far as the problem, it sounds like something didn't go right in the jailbreak. As you've already backed everything up (I'm assuming) and 6.1.3 is the most recent iOS for your phone, there's no penalty to restore and try it fresh. Give that a try and see if it plays nicer this time.

iTzxZac

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
If that were the problem, it would have been addressed during the "boot tethered" he discussed.

Additionally, it's not a tethered jailbreak. The 6.1.3 jailbreak for 3gs and 4 never was.

As far as the problem, it sounds like something didn't go right in the jailbreak. As you've already backed everything up (I'm assuming) and 6.1.3 is the most recent iOS for your phone, there's no penalty to restore and try it fresh. Give that a try and see if it plays nicer this time.
I've tried restoring 3times already and redoing it and it does the same thing. Could it have to do with anything to base band at all? I tried going a alternative route and jailbreaking through sn0wbreeze but I couldn't get past error 11 on iTunes so I went with redsn0w and I have this reboot loop. Any suggestions at all?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you personally modify the baseband in the past to put together a software unlock? If not, I can't see a reason the baseband would be a factor.

As you're gaining some success, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question. But, you're using the 6.0 IPSW for the 3gs and not the 6.1.3 IPSW, correct?

iTzxZac

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you personally modify the baseband in the past to put together a software unlock? If not, I can't see a reason the baseband would be a factor.

As you're gaining some success, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question. But, you're using the 6.0 IPSW for the 3gs and not the 6.1.3 IPSW, correct?
Haven't modified the baseband personally just can't think of anything else that would cause this and yeah I'm using 6.0. I'm going to give it a go on my laptop because I had this phone jailbroken a couple months back tethered on 6.1.3 through redsn0w but did it on my laptop so it's worth a try.

iTzxZac

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just fixed it. Turns out I'm a *****. It wasn't in a reboot loop it was just dieing before it could get to boot up fully. The iPhone was dead at first and for some reason had problems charging from my computer and it didn't really charge it at all so I plugged it in the wall charger and it charged up and booted up. So I tether booted it from my computer and unplugged it fast and plugged it into the wall charger and it booted up tethered and I untethered it so I'm good now. Thanks to everyone that tried to help , so glad I got this figured out.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just fixed it. Turns out I'm a *****. It wasn't in a reboot loop it was just dieing before it could get to boot up fully. The iPhone was dead at first and for some reason had problems charging from my computer and it didn't really charge it at all so I plugged it in the wall charger and it charged up and booted up. So I tether booted it from my computer and unplugged it fast and plugged it into the wall charger and it booted up tethered and I untethered it so I'm good now. Thanks to everyone that tried to help , so glad I got this figured out.

Luckily it wasn't anything serious. :)

Cerdo

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as iTzxZac. But for me iTzxZac's solution dosent work either.

So i have Jailbreaked my Iphone 3gs with redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 and selected the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore on "Select IPSW" in redsn0w.

Everything works fine until i have to "Just Boot" from Redsnow, everything seems to work from at the start and the Pineapple is showing. But after a while the Pineapple disappears and the Iphone is rebooting and then goes into Recovery loop, and gets stuck there.

Whats wrong and how do i solve this?

Best regards, Kim

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1