iPhone 5SE not connecting to PC for itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katewa

Dec 30, 2022
Visit site
I have 2 iPhone 5SE's. IPhone #1 would not switch on but when commanded would go to recovery mode on the charger, was also in a boot loop. When I connect it to the PC it doesn't even turn on or allow me to go into recovery mode.
iPhone #2 would never go to recovery mode but would just continue to boot loop when connected to the charger, when the charger is removed it does not come on, need help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you reached out to Apple Support regarding this matter? If not, I recommend you do. If Apple cannot assist then I recommend you make arrangements to update your iPhone models.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
You have two iPhones, same model, exhibiting almost the precisely same failing behavior. Chances of that occurring on its own are very remote.
If you bought these used, I’d go back to the store/seller you bought them from and say “WTF”.
If they each were bought from very different sources, you need to check the charging cable you’re using and/or consider your electricity source suspect (integrated electronics are susceptible to dirty electricity). If the latter I’d consider a small UPS and religiously plug your charger on it.

In terms of what to do now, Just_Me_D has provided the correct option.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 iPhone 5SE's. IPhone #1 would not switch on but when commanded would go to recovery mode on the charger, was also in a boot loop. When I connect it to the PC it doesn't even turn on or allow me to go into recovery mode.
iPhone #2 would never go to recovery mode but would just continue to boot loop when connected to the charger, when the charger is removed it does not come on, need help

First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. I am rather curious… could you clarify which a bit more about which model your iPhones are? Are they both an iPhone 5, or an iPhone 5S, or an iPhone SE? I couldn’t find anything about an iPhone 5SE.

Katewa

Dec 30, 2022
Visit site
First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. I am rather curious… could you clarify which a bit more about which model your iPhones are? Are they both an iPhone 5, or an iPhone 5S, or an iPhone SE? I couldn’t find anything about an iPhone 5SE.

They are both the 1st gen iPhone SE

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

Have you got the latest version of iTunes on your PC?

Katewa

Dec 30, 2022
Visit site
You have two iPhones, same model, exhibiting almost the precisely same failing behavior. Chances of that occurring on its own are very remote.
If you bought these used, I’d go back to the store/seller you bought them from and say “WTF”.
If they each were bought from very different sources, you need to check the charging cable you’re using and/or consider your electricity source suspect (integrated electronics are susceptible to dirty electricity). If the latter I’d consider a small UPS and religiously plug your charger on it.

In terms of what to do now, Just_Me_D has provided the correct option.

guess it's bad luck

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What version of iOS are the phones running? The original iPhone SE is still supported with the latest version of iOS 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77