iPhone pro steam dama

Blaquita

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I bought the iPhone 11 Pro for my son last September 2019.
The iPhone got steam in it while my son was showering. and it stopped working. When I talked to the workers at the Apple Store, we were told that nothing could be done about it because It had water damage. The phone was not in water; it was in the bathroom while my son was showering. Apple doesn't say anything about not taking your phone to the bathroom because the steam can ruin it. A worker at the Apple Store did tell us that this has happened before to other people. I think Apple is not being honest with us, the customers. We pay high prices for these phones that we believe have all these great features as told to us by Apple. Additionally, we had the one year warranty on the phone. I believe it should be cover this problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible your son could have dropped the phone in water, but told you it had to have been the steam while he was taking a hot shower?...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, steam IS water in gas form, so technically that would be water damage.

And how is Apple not being honest? The warranty on your device doesn’t cover this. I don’t think any warranty on any mobile device covers water damage.

If you bought a brand new car and never had the oil changed and then the engine locked up, would you expect the dealer to fix it under warranty?

That would be a “no” from me.

You could try the rice bag trick and maybe that would work, but otherwise you’re out of luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564