iPhone 7 ambient light sensor bug?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If I set my iPhone 7 face down while unlocked and then pick it back up it is completely frozen. The home button and screen are unresponsive. It will lock if I push the lock button and then everything becomes responsive again. Has this happened to anyone else?

My tested with my iPhone 5 and 6 and they do not exhibit this behavior.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Just tested and mine does not exhibit this behavior. Is it only when put down for long periods? Might want to try and restart the phone and see if that helps.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
If I set my iPhone 7 face down while unlocked and then pick it back up it is completely frozen. The home button and screen are unresponsive. It will lock if I push the lock button and then everything becomes responsive again. Has this happened to anyone else?

not doing this on my iPhone 7

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site

not doing this on my iPhone 7

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's a strange one. I know if it is locked and the proximity sensor/gyro detects it's in a pocket or face down on a table, it'll avoid turning on the screen for notifications, but I don't know if that runs while it's unlocked or if it'd be related to this issue. Doesn't happen on mine. Does it occur if you put your finger over the sensor as well? Is it 100% repeatable every time you put it down?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo