iPhone 6 plus and cat = bad idea!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Woke up to a phone on the night stand well soaked...in baby oil! Darn cat knocked it over, it flowed across the entire nightstand top and the case just sucked it up. The phone actually works but there's oil in the display and actually bubbles in places. At first it looks like a cool wallpaper. Oil is coming out of every opening, cannot even hold it without getting oily paws.

I don't even think a lifeproof would have stopped this, that oil wicks into everything and I mean everything!

It was in a Tech21 Patriot case which is a bit stronger than a OB Defender IMO but it could not stop the oil.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That stinks rice won't even help that. Go to Apple and maybe the Geniuses will have pitty on you.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
well now the phone is ready to be smuggled out of the country or into a prison.

LOL

True story. I worked for a buy back company years ago testing, wiping, repairing phones and one of our customers was a prison system, when asked the background on some phones the reply we got was, Some units confiscated during search of cells and on or in some inmates. Once my boss forwarded me that email i made sure to always wear rubber gloves when we got a box of phones from that customer.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
$329+tax at the Genius bar and I have a replacement phone.
Have a case open with AMEX, they are reimbursing me so cost is $0.
Overall, not bad. They seemed impressed with the bubbles under the glass, looked like a lavaphone! ;)

And yes if you're wondering the oil is hypoallergenic massage oil. I suffer from frozen shoulder and my wife uses that in conjunction with a TENS unit to provide relief so you can get your minds out of the gutter.

As for the cat, sure she is BAD but it's really not her fault. The lid wasn't put tight on the bottle. S417 happens! :p

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
$329+tax at the Genius bar and I have a replacement phone.
Have a case open with AMEX, they are reimbursing me so cost is $0.
Overall, not bad. They seemed impressed with the bubbles under the glass, looked like a lavaphone! ;)

And yes if you're wondering the oil is hypoallergenic massage oil. I suffer from frozen shoulder and my wife uses that in conjunction with a TENS unit to provide relief so you can get your minds out of the gutter.

As for the cat, sure she is BAD but it's really not her fault. The lid wasn't put tight on the bottle. S417 happens! :p

Lol glad it all worked out for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngreatorex