iPhone 5s Touch ID button creaking

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So for some reason, today when i woke up my iPhone 5s's Touch ID button was slightly creaking as i pressed it and felt weird. My phone has never fallen before, and i'm not exactly sure whether its normal or not, can someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's been reported here that on some 5s's the home button does creak. If it bothers you I would take it to your nearest Apple store and have it checked. Good luck

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm gonna take it in tomorrow 😭

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2

(Edited)

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! So i went and gave the phone in today, and they said that they've replaced 34 phones in March with the exact same issue, but as they had no phone in stock, they said i've to wait for a day or two so they have the phone and are going to do some diagnostics, and all.
Oh well, lets hope my replacement doesn't do the same thing, my phone's only 4 months old /:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone! So i went and gave the phone in today, and they said that they've replaced 34 phones in March with the exact same issue, but as they had no phone in stock, they said i've to wait for a day or two so they have the phone and are going to do some diagnostics, and all.
Oh well, lets hope my replacement doesn't do the same thing, my phone's only 4 months old /:

Glad they're going to replace it for you. Hopefully, they'll test the new one out before they hand it over to you.