iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This sounds silly, but I'm Texan and UK or Australian Siri understands me better than US Siri. I was playing with it the other day and found that out.

I'm not a big Siri person myself, but I thought that was funny.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Siri down right now for anyone?

Edit: seems to be working again.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
On my iPhone 5 I find that Siri does not connect most the time it's almost like she is overloaded

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I always wondered how it is that people have the same kinds of conversations with it. I mean if it's a free program wouldn't you think it would be able to say more? I guess it won't acknowledge anything beyond what it was intended to do. It's like in videogames where you have an entire city to play in but you can't go in the water.

Just doesn't wow me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My last iPhone was a 4 so I never had the chance to play with Siri except a few minutes here and there with friends' phones, so I can't compare how earlier iterations are against the new version on my iPhone 5. I can compare it to S-Voice though, which was the woeful attempt to do something similar on my Galaxy S3. S-Voice was awful and completely useless. It wouldn't open any apps and had issues with adding things into the calendar and so on.

Of course, one reason for this particular issue might be the plethora of apps that purport to act as calendars. S-Voice just couldn't keep track of them all so no wonder it couldn't add a calendar entry into the app I wanted. As Android is open source, S-Voice will naturally have a pig of a time trying to integrate itself with the tens of thousands of different apps that users across the world will have on their S3s. so it's hardly surprising that the functionality is less.

I find Siri to be very responsive. Only rarely is their any 'lag' and that's only sometimes when it searches the phone for something which isn't on there and offers to search the web instead. The ability to add calendar entries, reminders, alarms, play music and so on, all of which can be controlled from the earpods whilst the phone is in your pocket, is a work of genius. I think Siri is very good indeed but then maybe I haven't had time to use it as much as many of you that came from a 4S so I have yet to find the limitations inherent in the system.

Overall though it seems to have vastly increased usability compared to S-Voice and whereas with the Samsung I turned S-Voice off pretty much after the first few days of exasperated use, Siri has stayed switched on and I use it daily.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Siri is useful for simple tasks- reminders, quick text, etc. using it for anything more than that has been an exercise in futility.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349614844.033148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349614844.033148.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 39

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
md17...Why do you continue to feed him???...:rolleyes:

You're right. I'll rise above and help people that are having similar issues as I am. And apparently aLot more people since the beginning of this thread

... I actually have had the phone replaced twice already so far with no improvement, showing its not hardware or network because my network is very fast.

DIA.NSA.CIA

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You're right. I'll rise above and help people that are having similar issues as I am. And apparently aLot more people since the beginning of this thread

... I actually have had the phone replaced twice already so far with no improvement, showing its not hardware or network because my network is very fast.
:(
Just to be sure we are on the same page...which network are you on now VZW or AT&T?
What was the main problem with the first iPhone5?
Was there any transfer of data from the first to the second iPhone?

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
:(
Just to be sure we are on the same page...which network are you on now VZW or AT&T?
What was the main problem with the first iPhone5?
Was there any transfer of data from the first to the second iPhone?

First iPhone was replaced due to a screen response issue. No I started from new with this five. I'm on AT&T.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77