iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally someone that didn't want to have me publicly stoned for identifying "her" issues. I am honestly a little disappointed with the forum right now and the fact that I would be scrutinized so harshly for bringing my concerns. My full time job is an EMT/ firefighter, a place where ALL scenarios are way worse than criticizing a phone. There are fellow Americans fighting in a San pit desert for our freedom right now and we got others over here ripping people's head off over a comment made one a phone.

ReAlize how lucky we are to be able to talk about a phone, but if you can't offer constructive feedback than shut up.

No one's forcing you to read every comment, if you feel something isn't as constructive as you would like it to be (See: agreeing with you), skip over it, or ignore the user all together. Lucky to be able to talk about a phone? Come on...i work my ass off to be able to enjoy the things i have and do, there's really no "luck" about it outside of the luck that the person who birthed me didn't happen to live in a mud hut in the Amazon or something.

Your point about worse cases is so moot that it's almost humorous...you think your job (that you choose to do mind you) some how makes you a higher authority on what is important to banter about on an iPhone forum? LMAO...give me a break. A few minutes ago i had a guy who was bleeding out of his head from being smashed to the ground by a security guard in a social security building in the back of my patrol truck, awaiting a transfer vehicle to take him to jail while he told me he was going to find that security guards house and what not, my knee is a little sore where i had to wedge him into the truck because he was fighting against the door, right afterwards, I was debating the merits of Apple giving away lightning cord adaptors in another thread...whooptie f'n doo.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Running Siri on an iPhone 5 in iOS 6 with an LTE signal is spectacular. It's like it works as it were designed to work. Very fast -- I've found myself using it more and more.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well then as an emergency medical professional, I would advise you ice your knee so you can continue to perform your duties as expected to preserve the security of the ones that are expecting it from you...and if you have to ask Siri for directions to the nearest hospital for the guy bleeding out...lets hope she can live up to the expectations to deliver info fast.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well then as an emergency medical professional, I would advise you ice your knee so you can continue to perform your duties as expected to preserve the security of the ones that are expecting it from you...and if you have to ask Siri for directions to the nearest hospital for the guy bleeding out...lets hope she can live up to the expectations to deliver info fast.

Thanks for the advice, Siri did give me the directions to an autozone though so i could get air fresheners because the guy was a bit smelly (and i asked her because of your comment just now, and im now taking the turn by turn directions. :) )

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Siri is very slow sometimes and even times out " sorry I can't take any request right now, please try again later" in my area. Then other times Siri is pretty fast. But tonight Siri on my friends 4s was faster but less accurate. So it's random and Siri performance changes on a day to day basis in my area on 4G wi fi is a bit better but still iffy at times. I hope I don't have a defective phone.

DIA.NSA.CIA

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
ambulance.png

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Siri wasn't created for that. No one would honestly use Siri in a real emergency or time of need.

You'd die. So just casual use.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Siri wasn't created for that. No one would honestly use Siri in a real emergency or time of need.

You'd die. So just casual use.

Apple is going to have to put that in their disclaimer for those who don't actually realize this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We can't have that kind of rational talk on this thread. Stop it. Stop it at once!! :D

Sorry...you're right.

I mean why can't Siri understand a simple request like "Hey thurrr gurrrrl, you thank you can be callin's me some ambalances? Shiiiiiiiit...", it's ridiculous she can't understand that simple question, and i want to sell my iPhone 5 and burn down Apple because of it...

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll add a little to this discussion. I got the iPhone 5 the day it was released, and coming from the iPhone 4 it was my first encounter with Siri. When Siri works, she works great. I'm figuring out how to ask questions to make sure I get a response instead of her offering to search the internet for what I'm asking. I also ask her a lot of things that there is no way she would know without searching the internet, but I'm just trying to figure out the limitations. My issue comes from network connectivity. I am in an LTE market with consistently good coverage. Most of the time I use Siri, it's while driving. I've found speech recognition a little lacking, but nothing that is too difficult to correct. I also know that we have trained ourselves to speak quickly and using shortened phrasing so sometimes I need to make sure to enunciate. That being said, I probably have connectivity issues 60% of the time. More often than not, after a simple command such as "Send _ a message," Siri will just sit there for awhile. Sometimes she eventually comes back and asks me what I want to say, but often it's 45 seconds to a minute before I give up and tap the microphone icon and try again. I'm finding that if that happens once, it will happen the next time. The best way to solve this is to hit the home button to close Siri, and then try again. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not in areas where coverage is an issue, so that is not the problem. It can tend to be frustrating. I'm not giving my iPhone 5 back, so don't even suggest that. I'd quit using Siri before I do that. And I understand technology is touchy and I have no expectation that everything works 100% of the time. But reading how so many people don't have this issue makes me wonder why it's a problem for me. I love the phone, love iOS6 (even Maps), and am not that concerned about it. But I can definitely see some room for improvement.

Jerry Garcia

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello...the above statement is true for me, most of the time. Has anyone done anything that optimizes it and makes it work better?

Just to clarify, as I have seemed to make a few individuals very very angry, I am not indicating that ip5 or ios6 suck, but rather mine and everyone I have talked to has had "sucky" experiances with Siri.

Also, what I was indicating, is after a new gen of iphone and another ios, I am shocked it does not perform better.

NEIN!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77