iPhone 5 and iMessage not working

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I had the same issue and was able to get it to work. Not how but Rees what I did (no clue if it helped):

Reset network settings then toggle iMessage off then on.

Change/update my phone number in the store app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried and nothing plus a friend is having issues with iMessages as well

Log into the Manage Apple ID site via a computer and make sure that your information states that it's been verified. Afterwards, logout and then try to activate your iMessage & Facetime feature on your device.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Log into the Manage Apple ID site via a computer and make sure that your information states that it's been verified. Afterwards, logout and then try to activate your iMessage & Facetime feature on your device.

I had to restore my iPhone 5 because odd photo album an music issues and now I'm stuck on waiting for activation. Tried what you mentioned above and all the other suggestions with no luck...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to restore my iPhone 5 because odd photo album an music issues and now I'm stuck on waiting for activation. Tried what you mentioned above and all the other suggestions with no luck...

If resetting your network settings didn't work
the only other option I can think of is to restore the phone.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue and it occurred when Facebook added all my friends' contacts from Facebook to my phone. Once I turned that off it worked fine

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with one of our iPhones. Not sure why one worked and one did not, but after erasing the phone and starting over it worked fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy