iPhone 4 with Straight Talk

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
My wife has an AT&T iPhone 4 with Straight Talk service. The phone isn't jailbroken or anything. She's running iOS 6.01. Every time she reboots the phone we go through a lot of hassle trying to get the service to work again. It tells her to dial 112, put the phone in airplane mode etc but it never seems to work until about the 20th try. Is there anything we can do to get this to work without all the troubles? Would unlocking the SIM or jailbraking the phone help at all?

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine here at work has an iPhone 4 on straight talk. I helped him get his data and such by doing the tmobile SIM card trick. He can safely reboot his phone w no troubles. Now when he updated to 6.1 it wiped his settings and he had to do the trick again but it worked. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Another question. I'm assuming the phone is unlocked? I think they have to be to be used on straight talk.

ovalfastlx

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
you should do a restore, I have my iphone 4 on straight talk for a year now. Calling and Texting should at least work even if you reboot. Data settings sometimes get wiped.

If your Data is not working, saving a profile from unlockit.co.nz may help you keep APN settings set. Check this video

Dutch29

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Does your friend's iPhone4 still work on iOS 6.1.3? A friend gave me an iPhone 4 that I was going to activate on straight talk. I already have a StraightTalk account on an android phone( on AT&T ) and I was just going to put the sim in the iPhone4. I tried to do the T-Mobile Sim swap to get everything working, but to no avail. Does the iPhone4 need to be unlocked? Does the T-Mobile Sim need to have been activated? Please help!!!!!

iphoneaddictguy

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess the true question is why anyone would use Straight Talk. Seems sort of...well, ghetto, and the iPhone is meant for higher standards.

That said, whether Straight Talk or Virgin Mobile, you get what you pay for, sadly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD