iPhone 4 screen, leaving it on all night and alarm clock app

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I need a new clock and rather than go get one, I am considering using my iPhone 4 as a bedside alarm clock with the dock. Anyone know if it'd ok if I get an alarm clock app and leave it on all night? Can it harm the screen? The battery? I'll be in the dock charging.

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for an alarm clock app????

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I need a new clock and rather than go get one, I am considering using my iPhone 4 as a bedside alarm clock with the dock. Anyone know if it'd ok if I get an alarm clock app and leave it on all night? Can it harm the screen? The battery? I'll be in the dock charging.

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for an alarm clock app????

Alarm Clock Pro...use it every night. I leave the app on all night as my bedside clock display and alarm. No issues at all that I've noticed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Radio Alarm. I don't need to leave it on all night. I don't worry about it bothering the screen or the battery, and I don't have light in my room to keep me awake. I play Bejeweled before bed, and turn the iPhone off - no worries that Radio Alarm isn't an active app, it goes off at 5 just like it's supposed to. Awesome!

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you aren't worried about a visible clock, just use the basic clock app that comes standard on all iphones. I set an alarm on there 2 years ago with my 3G and did the same with my 4 and never had a problem. You can set it to go off every weekday (and no weekends), and you can set up multiple alarms with snoozes.

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just use the home clock like above and have multiple alarms set up + occasionally snooze..works perfectly for me

i try not to leave my phone charging all night cos leaving it charged like that doesn't help the battery life..it's good to unplug it once it's fully charged and let the battery die (or nearly) before charging again to get the most out of it..

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I would use the stock alarm but I want to have a clock to look at if i need to in the night. I did try nightstand with weather (I previously purchased a few months ago) but it crashed in the middle of the night for some reason. I have read it is not the most reliable. I am thinking iHome + Sleep but is there anyway to leave it on? The screen turns off with the phone settings. Nightstand has a setting to leave the screen on...

Thanks guys (and gals!)

NotAtWork

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I use Siri to set my alarms, but I use the Disappearing Bedside Clock app to show me the time when I need it during the night. I ditched my clock radio in favor of this app & my iPhone on a nightstand charger. I use the app's proximity detection feature, so I just reach toward the phone to activate the time display (which I can read without my glasses).

Because the time disappears automatically, both I and the device get some rest.

I love being in the dark!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I?ve been using Red Clock over night, every night on my phone for over a year now.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/red-clock-weather-alarm/id473001837?mt=8&at=10l3Vy
View attachment 58422

I also have this on an old iPad 3 that I have on my office desk. I use it to stream music / IHeartRadio and run Work Time as a desk clock/calendar display app all day long.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/work-time-hd-elegant-desk/id779380338?mt=8&at=10l3Vy
View attachment 58423

Looks like a pretty useful app for many different things thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB