iPhone 12/12 Pro battery use

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
So, you've had your device for a full day, or so. It has been setup/configured, and played with.
What is battery life like, thus far?

PS: post if you have 5G on/off.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I do not think it will settle down properly for over a week. Traditionally batteries(of any kind) will not charge completely for at least three cycles.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery hasn’t gotten into a normal charging cycle yet. It’s been a crazy weekend so hopefully this week when I go back to work my charging habits and usage will be more predictable

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Battery life seems to be fine for me, better than my 11pro. I cannot see where I would turn 5g on or off, but I do not have it in my area, so no 5g usage.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery Life on my 12 Pro has been on par with my S20 Ultra (both with 5G).
That's fantastic, considering that the 12 Pro has a MUCH smaller battery than the S20U.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
First iPhone since iPhone 7 Plus. How do i check what’s the SOT since full charge? If I’m reading it correctly the SOT it shows in the battery settings is for the last 24 hours?

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Went from iPhone 11 Pro. My iPhone 12 Pro has been good the first day. I just listened to The Verge podcast and heard they talked badly about the battery life, but I can't understand that it's so bad... Anyway, I think most phones will use more battery the first couple of days before it stabilise.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Both my wife and I have seen a serious improvement from the X. She would almost always be below 10% at bedtime and now she has been over 30% every day even with the normal trying new things on a new phone phase. I normally ended around 30% and yesterday (first work day since the switch) was over 80, but regularly I have seen over 60%. Everyone proclaimed the sky was falling, but we are both very happy.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
sorry but if that is true, you must be the only one then lol

Did you ever stop to think about taking battery health of his old phone in account?
He may be referring to the current state of both his phones, there for nullifying everything you think that’s true.

With out of the box iPhones you’d be right, but you’re not though, not in this particular case.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Battery seems okay, trying to keep in mind that I set up as new in Sunday when I got the phone then restored from a full back up of latest public beta.I am hoping things settle down by the end of the week. Ending each day with any where between 20%and 30% left. But I'm definitely not using my phone like I usually do either since I always have a smart battery case on my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77