iPad Air 2 gets very hot while charging when playing games!! HELP!!!!

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
When my iPad Air 2 is charging and when I play high graphic demanding games like Beach Buggy Racing, Asphalt 8 games like that. I know I am playing in landscape mode all the time but when I touch the middle of the ipad(where the CPU A8X is) it feels very very hot (almost/nearly uncomfortable/unbearable to touch but I can still touch the middle for a bit of time).

But I am really really worried that it get worse overtime and will overheat and will seriously damage the external components inside and I definitely don't want that to happen!!! :/

Yeah my iPad Air 2 gets very hot while charging when playing games!! :(

So I really really need some help, I am wondering how to prevent/avoid this from overheating and possibly seriously damage the external components inside?? Is this normal?? Should I take it back to the place(PC World) I bought the iPad and get it hopefully replaced??

And is there any good CPU temperature monitor apps for the iPad?? So I can see what is the temperature of the CPU??

Oh yeah please keep in mind that my iPad Air 2 has been dropped and walked and sat on badly soo many times by accident so maybe the inside of the iPad where the CPU A8X is the external components has been damaged a bit but I really hope that is not the case..... :( :(

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Heating while charging in use on highly graphic intense apps is a known issue... about all you can do is avoid the activity that makes it heat up.