iOS7 Gorgeous!

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 does not have "everything we did not have before", but it is a huge step in the right direction. I?d like to see a configurable Control Center where we can add our own apps for quick access... and I?d like to see a quick reply feature for messaging and a few other extensions. But, yes, I really like the new design. Some of the icon colors are a bit bright and overly saturated, but I?m hoping that will change, as this is the first beta, and therefore a work in progress.

Funny that there are already a couple of Android jellybean themes that imitate the look of iOS 7, so yeah, the others may copy it... but give it time to settle in and mature a bit, and I think we're all gonna like it. It?s a huge evolutionary step up from iOS 6.

I'm surprised that you can't configure your own control center. That would be really nice if they changed that.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Let me respond here to this..

These kind of reactionary responses by what many consider "fanboys" is seen all across the internet, no matter what the discussion is about, it's the same thing no matter if it's a political forum or an automotive forum. You have people that have blind allegiance to their beloved brand/political party/popsicle flavor etc. Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a fan, but I do find fault when that blinds someone from seeing any faults, mistakes, or wrongdoing from said company. Absolute praise breeds laziness and stagnation, when people demand better things from any organization you are far more likely to see that organization improve. It's always been the people who care about what a organization does who actually want to see it succeed, it's fair weather fans who jump on bandwagons and will be gone the first second the ship starts to sink.

And as far as calling people "haters", I'm sorry, but that's a juvenile, ignorant buzzword that seems to originate in trashy rap music from morons who can't figure out why people find their taste rather disgusting. Now it's spread anytime anyone takes issue with anything they get branded a "hater". Or we "suck", that's a mature, well thought out counter-argument!:laughing:

Now that's the way I see things, if people don't agree with my opinions, or others who dislike iOS 7, they can move on as well, ignore it, why let it bother you, if you like it great, no need to call people haters, or say they "suck", or tell them to get lost as if any single persons opinions are more valid than anyone else's.

True, this gives me hope >Daring Fireball Linked List: Don

I 110% agree with this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, my turn...

Let me respond here to this..

This kind of reactionary responses by what many consider "fanboys" is seen all across the internet, no matter what the discussion is about, it's the same thing no matter if it's a political forum or an automotive forum. You have people that have blind allegiance to their beloved brand/political party/popsicle flavor etc. Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a fan, but I do find fault when that blinds someone from seeing any faults, mistakes, or wrongdoing from said company. Absolute praise breeds laziness and stagnation, when people demand better things from any organization you are far more likely to see that organization improve. It's always been the people who care about what a organization does who actually want to see it succeed, it's fair weather fans who jump on bandwagons and will be gone the first second the ship starts to sink.

I agree with you here. Blind allegiance is never good for any product line. A reasonable amount of valid criticism is healthy, and breeds discussion that leads to change.

And as far as calling people "haters", I'm sorry, but that's a juvenile, ignorant buzzword that seems to originate in trashy rap music from morons who can't figure out why people find their taste rather disgusting. Now it's spread anytime anyone takes issue with anything they get branded a "hater". Or we "suck", that's a mature, well thought out counter-argument!:laughing:

I never called anybody a hater. And I?ve never said anyone "sucks" regarding their opinions. I agree that?s immature, and counter-productive to any discussion. The phrase "haters gotta hate" (and its variations), however does apply. Some people are so bent on being unhappy with the status quo in any matter that it becomes annoying, and eventually pointless. However, as I said, I didn?t call any one a "hater". For some reason, you seem to have taken personal umbrage with my post. Perhaps the Bard, himself, was on to something when he penned "[the lady] doth protest too much"... perhaps it?s time to reel in that lightning rod, Redbeard.

Now that's the way I see things, if people don't agree with my opinions, or others who dislike iOS 7, they can move on as well, ignore it, why let it bother you, if you like it great, no need to call people haters, or say they "suck", or tell them to get lost as if any single persons opinions are more valid than anyone else's.

And while I am repeating myself, again, I didn?t call you or anyone else a hater. Nor did I say any of them "suck".

Finally, I?d suggest a dose of your own medicine. As far back as I can recall, you?ve bashed and kvetched about the state of iOS, saying that it was old, stale, stagnant, etc... so here's a new, fresh, not even fully baked look and feel, and again you?re trashing it. If you want the operating system on your device to be "perfect" in your own eyes, jailbreak you phone and have at it. Just like previous iterations of iOS, this one will be whatever it ends up being. Some will like it, love it, hate it and despise it... But eventually, it gets a bit old when all that we hear is how stale, stagnant, out of touch or cartoonish it is... some people are never happy.

And as Dalrymple says, it?s not finished yet... so continue holding out hope for your vision to become reality. In the meantime, give your schtick a rest.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
OK, my turn...

I agree with you here. Blind allegiance is never good for any product line. A reasonable amount of valid criticism is healthy, and breeds discussion that leads to change.

Exactly..

I never called anybody a hater. And I?ve never said anyone "sucks" regarding their opinions. I agree that?s immature, and counter-productive to any discussion. The phrase "haters gotta hate" (and its variations), however does apply. Some people are so bent on being unhappy with the status quo in any matter that it becomes annoying, and eventually pointless. However, as I said, I didn?t call any one a "hater". For some reason, you seem to have taken personal umbrage with my post. Perhaps the Bard, himself, was on to something when he penned "[the lady] doth protest too much"... perhaps it?s time to reel in that lightning rod, Redbeard.

And while I am repeating myself, again, I didn?t call you or anyone else a hater. Nor did I say any of them "suck".

Wasn't saying you in particular, it's just something I see a lot from people all over the web. I certainly don't hate Apple, I've had an iPhone since 2008, just recently ditched my junk pc and got a Mac Mini and I love it. Sorry if it came across I was pointing the finger at you.

Finally, I?d suggest a dose of your own medicine. As far back as I can recall, you?ve bashed and kvetched about the state of iOS, saying that it was old, stale, stagnant, etc... so here's a new, fresh, not even fully baked look and feel, and again you?re trashing it. If you want the operating system on your device to be "perfect" in your own eyes, jailbreak you phone and have at it. Just like previous iterations of iOS, this one will be whatever it ends up being. Some will like it, love it, hate it and despise it... But eventually, it gets a bit old when all that we hear is how stale, stagnant, out of touch or cartoonish it is... some people are never happy.

This is a mis-interpretation of my complaints.. While yes I thought iOS needed change and a new fresh design, iOS 7's cartoonish, hard to decipher, whitewashed look was not what I had in mind. Mostly I wanted more features, and we got several good new ones that I am very happy with, even with minimal design changes you can always jailbreak it and do whatever you want to it. I think most people, including myself, expected a great looking, more modern design considering Ive was in charge this time and the crazy amount of hype regarding his design skills. It looks to me like a pencil sketch of a car or house, left unfinished, colors, gradients, and shadows still left to be added.

I personally was hoping for something dark and classy like the screenshot I posted, with a rich, detailed design language.

And as Dalrymple says, it?s not finished yet... so continue holding out hope for your vision to become reality. In the meantime, give your schtick a rest.

And that has me thinking everybody is praising or trashing it for no reason since this isn't even the actual final look, time will tell, and I'd probably only upgrade once the JB is available anyways..:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4852.JPG
    IMG_4852.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77