iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
figured. thanks! So then how would I get my contacts back on? Everything else I don't mind doing on my own. Outlook?

If your contacts are on iCloud then all you would do is turn iCloud on, on your phone once you restore.
If you don't use iCloud then backup your contacts on Outlook and sync them back when done restoring
on iTunes.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Good signal is definitely a friend of good battery life. Came home to visit my parents this weekend and have only had my 4S plugged in while driving places listening to music (which hasn't been long trips) and I'm sitting at 52% this morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I notice virtually no difference in upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. I have however noticed a pretty significant difference between the z4 and 4S. I guess there's more horsepower under my 4S's hood so I'll live with it.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
IMG_0713.png

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Been hitting one day almost consistently no matter if I was on Wifi or 3G...I am fully convinced the new update did fix the battery issues.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My usage seems to be higher during my work day and I haven't been at work since last Tuesday. I go back tomorrow and I'm gonna shoot for a day of standby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
After finally being able to upgrade and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1. I must say that apple has finally fixed the battery standby drainage. With this version of ios, my standby have greatly increased. I'm not sure if usage have improved much but having a great standby time will results in slight increase in usage time. Before the update, I would be lucky if my phone lasted more than 12 hours without having to charge with my normal heavy usage.

View attachment 16205

Are you guys experiencing the same results? Keep in mind my phone is heavily loaded with jailbreak apps/themes and this stats is a result of heavy normal usage not iPod playback. Screen brightness at 60%.

May I ask what font are you using in this screenshot?

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I also have to agree with the standby battery issue sometimes seeing that my usage time and standby time always said the same even though the phone was not being used. But since then it has been fixed.....
6c14f338-54a1-9145.jpg

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If your contacts are on iCloud then all you would do is turn iCloud on, on your phone once you restore.
If you don't use iCloud then backup your contacts on Outlook and sync them back when done restoring
on iTunes.

Is it the same with pictures?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
has anyone noticed an almost immediate drain of 2-3% once removed from the charger? my phone tends to go to 98% within ten minutes of just a few texts, sometimes when not doing anything at all. if i reboot the phone, it goes back to 100% and then the drain seems normal. it appears the battery indicator isnt showing correct levels unless rebooted once removed from the charger at 100%. anyone else??

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
has anyone noticed an almost immediate drain of 2-3% once removed from the charger? my phone tends to go to 98% within ten minutes of just a few texts, sometimes when not doing anything at all. if i reboot the phone, it goes back to 100% and then the drain seems normal. it appears the battery indicator isnt showing correct levels unless rebooted once removed from the charger at 100%. anyone else??

It happens to me every once and awhile but other times it stays at 100% for 30 mins even with checking news and twitter

Sent via tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

yes, this is more common than people think. which really makes me question the accuracy all together

i have noticed after i have cycled my battery it improves but eventually starts again. we just notice it because we are staring at our phones all day/night but to the average user they're not going to care or notice, which happens to be the majority of iPhone users i am sure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77