Instagram's Twitter killer Threads smashes10 million user milestone hours after launch

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Numbers are hard .

07f3687a486098b0c65a1f4e7570e0bf.png

Twitter has around 450 million monthly active users as of 2023. It is estimated that this number will reach 652.23 million by 2028.

The majority of Twitter’s audience (38.5%) belongs to the 25 to 34 age group.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
No idea why Facebook/instagram/whatsapp needed to clone Twitter, if you look at those charts they already have more users vs twitters 550 million users.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is being reported by another popular site that once you’ve created a Threads account, you can’t delete it without also deleting your Instagram Account. You can “deactivate” your Threads profile, the profile can only be deleted by deleting your Instagram account.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It is being reported by another popular site that once you’ve created a Threads account, you can’t delete it without also deleting your Instagram Account. You can “deactivate” your Threads profile, the profile can only be deleted by deleting your Instagram account.

Classic facebook .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Classic facebook .

I don’t have a problem with someone preferring Facebook over Twitter and vice versa. What I find disturbing is the vitriol people have for Twitter because of Elon Musk. Yet, some of things he has done to cut costs have also been done by businesses through the U.S.

When the social networking sites were silencing people who identified as being “conservatives”, far too many people didn’t bat an eye, but when Musk started releasing various information for everyone to see, he became enemy number 1.

That’s the kind of stuff that catches my attention. If Musk is merely an idiot, a goof, a bafoon and a liar then why all the hatred?

Last edited:
Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have a problem with someone preferring Facebook over Twitter and vice versa. What I find disturbing is the vitriol people have for Twitter because of Elon Musk. Yet, some of things he has done to cut costs have also been done by businesses through the U.S.

When the social sites were silencing people who considered themselves “conservatives”, far too many people didn’t bat an eye, but when Musk started releasing various information for everyone to see, he became enemy number 1.

That’s the kind of stuff that catches my attention. If Musk is an idiot, a goof, a bafoon and a liar then why all the hatred?

You forgot charlatan . But that’s a great point regarding if musk was truly what they claimed, why the added vitriol or the constant need to claim Twitter is dead, when it clearly isn’t.

I find it fascinating how quickly he went from visionary savior(electric cars and spaceships) to as you put it enemy number 1. But one thing is for sure, musk certainly is entertaining especially that bbc interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You forgot charlatan . But that’s a great point regarding if musk was truly what they claimed, why the added vitriol or the constant need to claim Twitter is dead, when it clearly isn’t.

I find it fascinating how quickly he went from visionary savior(electric cars and spaceships) to as you put it enemy number 1. But one thing is for sure, musk certainly is entertaining especially that bbc interview.

I know, right?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Reminds of when Google made every YouTube account also have a Google+ account. Remember Google+??

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

You are correct, sir. Threads is the chat version of Instagram. One account, two apps.

I read before launch this was the way it was going to be which is fine with me.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are correct, sir. Threads is the chat version of Instagram. One account, two apps.

I read before launch this was the way it was going to be which is fine with me.

Awesome and thanks for verifying sir.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that Twitter is terrified by Threads.

I wish Twitter good luck taking Meta to court over this. No one can prevent to leave a person with their own brain (where I live, that wouldn’t pass the test of the courts).

Well if what is being said is true and meta stole intellectual property, then it’s a different matter entirely.

54bcff0545f5c55dee028b52ef26378f.png

Threads secured 30million new users in the first
24 hours

c96d840c2cb6430059d1b4a1004d3622.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me that Twitter is terrified by Threads.

I wish Twitter good luck taking Meta to court over this. No one can prevent to leave a person with their own brain (where I live, that wouldn’t pass the test of the courts).

I don't see that at all! Elon afraid of Threads? LOL! Elon is a highly successful businessman. He has absolutely nothing to fear from Zuck.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien