I finally pulled the trigger!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Some of you may or may not remember that a couple months ago, my beloved 7 Plus wound up in the washer... it sorta worked after spending 24 hours in a bag of rice, but it’s been steadily getting worse , it was time to upgrade, savings be damned.

The coolest thing, though?
I ordered it minutes ago from my iPad, and I got the awesome delivery option of having it delivered at my house by courier within 2 hours

The thing is... I’m terrified:
I got the X because I know home buttons will be obsolete next year, among other things, but the last time I played with a X at the store, everyone in there got to hear my entire collection of swear words

I have a feeling I may wind up at the store for a tutorial on how to use my phone...
For the time being, im curtain gawking looking for the delivery guy like an old spinster

... Tell me I made the right choice?
My man thinks this was a mistake.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! You might just be worrying too much though. Most users find acclimating themselves to the iPhone X pretty easy. I did!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth between my 7/8plus to x before fully deciding on the x. Every now and again I think about going and picking up another 8plus but ultimately decide to keep my x. I have been itching for the 8 plus all weekend.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys I need help. While organizing my folders, this happened. Now it’s frozen on my screen and I cannot access anything or get rid of it. Now what? It won’t even let me swipe up.
IMG_0969.JPG

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys I need help. While organizing my folders, this happened. Now it’s frozen on my screen and I cannot access anything or get rid of it. Now what? It won’t even let me swipe up.
View attachment 122416

I had that happen on my iPad. Just hold the power button, it’ll take time but the home screen will reset rather than shut off the phone. I would probably press volume up, volume down, then hold the power button though.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You will wish you ordered it sooner. Now is better than never. Congrats.

Yup I already do.
So, exactly as everyone said, it took me 10 minutes to get used to the gestures lol.
I love the phone, it’s much easier to handle but the screen is like my old one, this is cool.
It’s lightning fast btw.
The animated emojis are hilarious.
Face ID is flipping awesome.
The display is fantastic.
What’s not to love?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yup I already do.
So, exactly as everyone said, it took me 10 minutes to get used to the gestures lol.
I love the phone, it’s much easier to handle but the screen is like my old one, this is cool.
It’s lightning fast btw.
The animated emojis are hilarious.
Face ID is flipping awesome.
The display is fantastic.
What’s not to love?

Exactly!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member