I can only play classic ringtones?

cactai

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
2 days ago I noticed that the haptic feedback stopped working. I tried to troubleshoot it by resetting to factory settings. That made my vibration not work all together. After backing up and completely resetting my iPhone, I restore my backup and I notice my default ringtone isn't working when someone calls. I check the silent switch and it's not on the silent position. I check the do not disturb and it's not on do not disturb. All other notifications work and music is loud as normal. The only thing that doesn't work was the ringtone and no vibration. I go to sounds and haptics under settings and changing the volume doesn't help. However! I noticed that all the ringtones sound like "Opening (Default)". And when someone calls me it doesn't play. I thought this is definitely a software issue and I do the whole hard reset thing and recover through ITunes and it's the same problem again. So after 2 days of trying everything. I decided to go into classic ringtones and choose a random classic ringtone and it WORKS! I try several others they all work. So what's going on here? I'm going nuts over this! Someone please help?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Are the ringtones and haptics working before reinstalling from backup? In other words, does everything work properly after a factory reset? Try that, and if things are still wonky then make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. If things are working, that tells you something in your backup is corrupt.

When trying to troubleshoot an issue to rule out OS software or hardware problems, always test things after a factory reset without reinstalling your backup. (If you did this and I missed it in everything you wrote, feel free to Gibb Smack me ;) )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson