I’m...not enjoying this phone. Maybe a super slim case would help...

tshanerogers

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
This is the first new iPhone I’ve ever been disappointed with. I’m upgrading from the iPhone X and my new iPhone 12 Pro is uncomfortable to hold, and weirdly heavy. It’s basically the opposite of Goldilocks…It’s just slightly wrong in every way. It’s a shame because I loved the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, but those actually fit in my hand.

Anyway, I’m thinking maybe a minimal case would help. It would need to be super slim, with no lip above the screen. Ideally cut-outs for the buttons, rather than plastic ones.

I just want something to smooth out these awful square edges. I purchased two cases and already sent them back because of the extreme lip over the front of the phone. I don’t lay my phone flat on his face, so I don’t want any protection for the front. I have AppleCare, I’ll just pay for it if I break the screen. Im actually considering returning this phone if I can’t find a suitable minimalist case. Suggestions?

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I returned mine for just that reason. I found mine very uncomfortable to hold, with the official Apple Silicone case, so avoid that. I actually think you want a case somewhat thicker and rounder at the edges. I have continued to look. In fact, I have an Apple leather case coming this week as I am hoping to that the leather might have rounder curves. If it was not for the square edges, it would be a great phone. I loved the feel of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max, but I need the 5G speed.

If you find the phone a bit heavy, go for the standard 12. Much lighter and very few trade offs. But I haven't yet found the case that solves the problem. If you do, please post here as I would like to take a look.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I just received my iPhone 12 Pro today and so far I like the way it feels when I hold it. I always liked the square edges on my older iPhone 5.

I am going to order a leather case for the device. I took a quick look and didn’t see a Apple OEM leather case for the 12 Pro? Maybe I overlooked something?

I am going to put the device through its paces and write a review on it. So far it seems fast, the screen is crisp and sharp and I am liking it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just received my iPhone 12 Pro today and so far I like the way it feels when I hold it. I always liked the square edges on my older iPhone 5.

I am going to order a leather case for the device. I took a quick look and didn’t see a Apple OEM leather case for the 12 Pro? Maybe I overlooked something?

I am going to put the device through its paces and write a review on it. So far it seems fast, the screen is crisp and sharp and I am liking it.

I always thought the squared edges were easier to hold. But I always use a case, so...

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a urban armor gear case and it’s perfect. It barely wraps over the front. Just enough to hold the phone in and edges and corners are rounded

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This is the first new iPhone I’ve ever been disappointed with. I’m upgrading from the iPhone X and my new iPhone 12 Pro is uncomfortable to hold, and weirdly heavy. It’s basically the opposite of Goldilocks…It’s just slightly wrong in every way. It’s a shame because I loved the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, but those actually fit in my hand.

Anyway, I’m thinking maybe a minimal case would help. It would need to be super slim, with no lip above the screen. Ideally cut-outs for the buttons, rather than plastic ones.

I just want something to smooth out these awful square edges. I purchased two cases and already sent them back because of the extreme lip over the front of the phone. I don’t lay my phone flat on his face, so I don’t want any protection for the front. I have AppleCare, I’ll just pay for it if I break the screen. Im actually considering returning this phone if I can’t find a suitable minimalist case. Suggestions?

I don’t really understand why Apple had to go with this design change. I personally hate it and returned my 12 as well. Went back to my 11 pro and will stick with it for another year in hopes Apple modifies some things. I went through 8 cases and finally gave up. It shouldn’t be that difficult to find a case that fits the phone comfortably. I also hated the Apple silicone case even though it is nice to look at. Super frustrating and disappointing!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have the apple OEM leather case
74c83ee51699b803f99a762b4c5bf46a.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the information, I will look on the Apple store tonight and order one.

Yeah they released this last Friday so I ordered one for in store pick up that day. Not a bunch of colors but the blue is perfect of you have to pacific blue.
46d4a652aefd52efef3f4dc53dcada8f.png

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
For everyone that doesn’t like the square body why not go get the mini? It’ll be smaller than the pro yet still gives you good specs

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the apple OEM leather case
74c83ee51699b803f99a762b4c5bf46a.jpg

First I need my 12 Max to arrive, but I've put off that OEM leather case for now or to start because of work. I have 1 to at times most days of the week where I'm exposed to more virus risk so I've switched to thin smooth TPU style cases.

It will be interesting because I love the round edges and shiny white glass I have with XS Max. I loved 6 and 7 era phones with rounded edges. I usually go naked phone at home.

All that said, camera system and 5G coverage map near me could make me accept other stuff I might not like so much. For example, an area Verizon used to show with no LTE coverage now shows 5G. A park I would choose to not visit if on call might be a place where my Meraki, Azure & VMware apps work.

Bob80220

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
I originally had the Apple silicone case when I picked up my 12 Pro on launch day... I only bought it to have a case while waiting for the Apple leather case to come out. Picked up my leather case at the Apple Store last week and all is good to go now. I've never been a fan of silicone cases and the side buttons were not comfortable to use for me. With the Apple leather case it has much nicer side buttons and are they more comfortable to use... A big plus for me. Plus the leather case isn't as bulky as the silicone case. My 12 Pro feels much better in the hand to use than in the Apple silicone case.

Bob

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, my 12 Max can't be here yet but a thin DTTO case arrived and it has me thinking it will all be livable. I don't know a lot about the DTTO cases except for an iPad case of theirs has been fine and this one is a good combo of thin and modest price.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've found a case on Amazon that is both affordable and offers great protection. It costs around $12 USD (give or take a buck or two).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien