• Apr 10 - 845.7MB
  • May 10 - 860MB
  • June 10 - 772.4MB
  • July 10 - 515.7MB
  • August 10 - 551.3

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm jailbroken on t-mobile. I've still got my $19.99 unlimited bb plan, and I won't give that up for anything, lol.

Luckily, I can use wifi when I need to do serious browsing, which isn't often.

I guess over the air data on T-Mobile would be good in a pinch. But isn't unlimited EDGE on a iPhone 4 kind of like unlimited DIAL UP on a Quad Core Mac/PC. I'm 20 days into 30 day cycle and i've used 2532MB. I couldn't imagine having the patience for that on EDGE. And yes, I have Wifi at Work and Home.

Last edited:

awade

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm never anywhere for more than a few moments where there is free WiFi, so I actually don't think I've ever used anything but 3G.

I have to say, though, with the Netflix streaming - BOY AM I GLAD I KEPT UNLIMITED! I've had my 3gs just over a year. The first few months I used about 1GB a month but after that I settled between 400 and 800MB, and even less once I got my new laptop a couple of months ago.

I had been very close to changing plans - in fact, I almost did last month I just forgot to do it. I was going to go to the 2GB/mo plan, which would have saved me five bucks a month and also made me eligible for tethering which I do not need on a regular basis but would have turned on just for a month at a time when I needed it (vacation, etc.).

Wow how things have changed in the last couple of weeks. First, I used 500MB streaming a few movies in the first two days of Netflix being available. I was a little shocked myself. I watched like two movies and a couple of episodes of a TV show. I can use my iPhone at work for music/video, but I've never bothered much with video because it's a pain to transfer over shows for 1-time watching, and how many times do I need to watch Star Trek on digital copy. With Netflix streaming, though, it's amazing - while I'm working away I can watch virtually anything I want (plus it's finally given use to the landscape mode of my iZel stand).

In addition, Virgin Mobile just put up their 3G Unlimited for $40/month. You just buy their little dongle for like $80, and pay-as-you-go for the $40 internet. That's ideal, because I'd probably only need it 2 or 3 months out of the year and wouldn't have to bother changing stuff with AT&T all the time (which always seems to cost more than it should when you change features). So there goes my need for tethering.

I will be very curious to see how much data I use this month because of Netflix. Either way, I feel like I made the right choice staying unlimited. :)

garylapointe

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
3 days left and I'm at 5.4 Gig

I've definitely used more than usual, I'm at 5.467 GB this month with a few days left. I don't think I've gone over 5 before (generally not over 4, and then just a few times).

Gary

SimplySkwared

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't using quite as much but lately on the go so much, I find myself grabbing my iPhone more to surf the net so my usage has gone up.

I'd considered actually lowering my bill and going to one of the smaller plans but I know the minute I do, I'll be sorry so I've kept it.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I was told by the AT&T drones at the corporate store and at the apple store where I got my IP4 that I would be grandfathered in with my unlimmited data plan being an existing customer. I usually have always used 1.5g-2.5g and have hit over 2g with my new IP4, and no extra charges, so things being ok, I'll keep it up on the data waves.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've definitely used more than usual, I'm at 5.467 GB this month with a few days left. I don't think I've gone over 5 before (generally not over 4, and then just a few times).

Gary

What do you do daily to go over 5GB a month? That seems crazy to me...Not saying its not true, just very extreme...:confused:

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Update, 8 days in.

ef01627f.jpg

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I could see going over 5 gig easy, pandora, slingplayer, ootunes, mywi, my3g (FaceTime) and now netflix...

Last edited:

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
On the Droid, that type of usage would make sense. ;)

Funny you mention that actually..:) As your right, I feel bad for captivate users. There are so many things with android that either just run in the background sucking up data or things that just like to start on their own and consume data. I could see android as being far more of a data hog even with someone that doesn't use much data just because of the background processes and such... IP4 has the advantage as the user IMO has much more control over what data is being consumed and when....

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I listen to iheart radio every morning for 2.5 hours straight. And then Stream pod casts that I haven't downloaded.

Last edited:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I am lucky to hit 125MB of data and I'm on the unlimited. We also have 10,300+ rollover minutes as our house is sketchy for signal haha. One month I plan on calling some # and letting it sit on for 24+ hours haha.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
im always on wifi but i fluctuate from 220mb-600mb is the most ive ver used i dnt use a lot of web based apps mostly because im always out and about and tryin to not kill the battery

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
i jsut got my iphone4 last night..wow you guys were not kidding, what a screen. amazing.

i have the 15 a month data plan. i surf a little, use facebook app, and i use google voice for text and calls. when i am home i always have wifi on. when wifi is on, is there no data being used my att for these programs to run?

My AT&T iPad thingee doesn't tell me how much data I have used this month because I am on the unlimited plan. Strangely, I have recently discovered a resettable usage counter that no one told me about and apparently AT&T knew nothing of. I don't want to reset it, so I am going to just track my average usage, over the long haul.

I average about 6GB of data (down) per month. Like an earlier user said, I would be seriously screwed if I were on a limited plan.

Amazing.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
What do you do daily to go over 5GB a month? That seems crazy to me...Not saying its not true, just very extreme...:confused:
YOu weren't asking ME, but downloading podcasts, streaming Netflix, streaming radio, YouTube, NPR app, and general Internet usage (email, etc) make my 6GB/mo. average pretty level.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77