How many of you have decided your 100% upgrading from the iPhone 5 to the 5S?

Will you upgrade from your iPhone 5 to the 5S?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not upgrading. I have owned the 4 4s and now the 5. I've had the 5 since it launched. I'm a registered developer account so I've been using iOS 7 and I like it a lot. It's enough to hold me till iPhone 6 because it feels like I have a new phone again. Now my wife will upgrade to the 5s...she currently has a 4s so for her that's a big upgrade

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

imandroid

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Normally skip the "S" generations but this time I think I'll go with the 5S mainly because I want to go back to black and hold me through until the 6 comes out. I'll probably keep it as a backup, or more and likely sell it and use the money for the 6. The true deciding factor is what is announced on the 10th. If it does come in a 128GB version I'm automatically sold.

Im going to agree on the 128 plus the verizon version has to have data / voice same time

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have the 4S. I'd have to see what comes out next before upgrading, as I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Im going to agree on the 128 plus the verizon version has to have data / voice same time

Yeah I'm going for it anyway because I just came back to iOS last year so I definitely want to get the 5S.

If there's a 128 version and if it can do data/voice on Verizon I will be ecstatic!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a upgrade now but I'm thinking on passing. Waiting for next year. No rumors I'm hearing tells me it's a must have. I'm very happy with my 5.

localhost8080

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been due an upgrade since april.
I've been holding off as the 4s that I have is fine just now.
I'll be upgrading to the new iphone the day it comes out. (Or the day after)

sent from tapatalk on bluestacks on a mac :D

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I paid full for the 5 when it came out, just to save my upgrade. I haven't heard any rumors that make me drool over what might be coming, so until the keynote I'll remain undecided. After that I will make that decision. Maybe just a new Otterbox Defender will keep me going???

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have 16 lines for business. I buy the guys used phones for the field because they're tough on them. So I always have upgrades available which is nice. It's a bad habit, but it will be to have the latest and greatest.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How many of you who own the iPhone 5 right now have decided on upgrading to the 5S when it's released in September? Also, why?

Is it to just have the latest and greatest? Or are the rumors surrounding the new device excite you?

For me, I would want to get the new iPhone 5s because it's the latest and greatest. I have also heard that the camera is going to stay at 8 megapixels but the sensor is going to be upgraded. Dual flash and a new home button all sound pretty awesome. But what is going to be offered with the 5S that currently isn't available with the 5?

When the 4S came out, they made Siri available strictly to the 4S and that's what really set the 4 and the 4S apart.

But what gimmick will apple use this year to gear you towards upgrading to the 5S?

I myself just upgraded recently from an iPhone 5 16 gig ( dropped in toilet without insurance ) to an iPhone 5 32 gig and I'm quite happy about it. But the little kid in me still wants the latest and greatest even though it's probably not necessary.

What are your thoughts iMore?

I plan on upgrading to the 5s for the reason that 6 months ago switching to my first iPhone I thought 16gig would fill my needs but I was wrong so I want more storage so that's part of the reason but I also told myself I will keep with the latest and greatest idea as well but the old if it ain't broke don't fix it always comes to mind. Undecided

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I won't be upgrading. iOS 7 on the 5 will be plenty amazing to keep me happy another year. I can't justify spending that extra $600 to upgrade on a 2nd year.
I don't think there would be the majority that would and feel the same way you do. I am also sure there will be plenty that will. I myself since I have a 4S and and upgrade to go if the new phone is just a minor update and and new iOS then i would lean to the 5 to save money. As I have already posted if the new phone is significant and at least stays as the same form factor as the 5 with the same materials then I would upgrade all the way.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Also if we (Verizon) get simultaneous phone and data I will definitely upgrade. So often I'm in a job site and need to look something up while on a call. That would be great.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an i5 that is in excellent condition, with all of the original packaging (and it's a 32gb). Which means that in a week or two, I will be selling my phone on ebay in order to buy a 5s at release time! I have two upgrades available, but don't want to sign a contract just yet.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have an i5 that is in excellent condition, with all of the original packaging (and it's a 32gb). Which means that in a week or two, I will be selling my phone on ebay in order to buy a 5s at release time! I have two upgrades available, but don't want to sign a contract just yet.

Re-sale prices are plummeting on the 5s and 4Ss, and according to several studies, the ideal time to sell was a few weeks ago. Plus I doubt the next gen phone will be shipping before end of September.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I want a better battery. thats the biggest issue for me and is enough alone to prompt an upgrade, even at full price, if they improve it dramatically like they did with the new computers. I want a bigger screen because it would be easier for me to read, but I doubt thats coming. if it does though, its also something that would prompt me to upgrade without question. increasing the storage is something I very much want but if that's literally all they did, I couldn't justify an upgrade. same for the fingerprints and camera improvements. if they do all three, then its getting very tempting. Then there's other stuff like a faster CPU and such that I don't care about and definitely wouldn't prompt me to upgrade. the phone 5 is already pretty fast, so if thats all they did to the 5S was made it faster I wouldn't bother upgrading. I'm in wait and see mode right now. What will apple bring to the table? I hope they've been on the ball.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be upgrading most likely - although I guess it depends on what new tech they unveil. If it's things like the rumored fingerprint sensor - I'm in. Larger screen I wouldn't really care that much - I like the size if the 5 as-is.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Even though the iPhone 5s is less than a month away I can't help but be more excited for the 6! New design and maybe even a bigger screen. iOS 8!