Hmmm. iPhone X tearing through battery ...

speedmaster

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Those periodic iOS stories from ppl claiming their battery life is in a tailspin. Never experienced it until the last few days. I've used every iPhone since the 4S

iPhone X (non Beta iOS) started going through battery MUCH faster than normal.

Battery Settings show nothing odd. I can only assume it's something at the OS level rather than an app? We'll see if a hard reset fixes it.

If not I guess maybe a wipe and restore?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
What are the results? How many hours of usage are you getting? I’m using an iPhone 7 and I’m getting pretty bad usage lately. I usually get ok usage to be honest, but it’s getting worse the more I update. I barely get six hours these days.

speedmaster

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been tracking that closely, but last night I lost about 35% while I was sleeping. I'd usually lose no more than maybe 5%. It's already noticeably better since I did a hard restart.
No new weird apps. Battery shaming shows nothing out of the ordinary. I give VERY few apps access to run in background, and I'm in low power mode most of the time anyway. The Location Services icon wasn't stuck on. I'm guessing some OS level background process was stuck doing God Knows what.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53