Heart Rate Alert?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
With watchOS 4 and AW S1 and above, you can set a heart rate alert to notify you if your heart rate exceeds a selected level, at rest or a time of low exertion.

Has anybody put this to the test? I'm interested if the alert is just on the AW or if it simultaneously goes to the phone.

I'm wondering if you could put the Watch on a family member and keep tabs on they're HR from your phone, with in the given limitations of network, range, etc.

If it's only on the Watch then, no joy. I'm not interested that it might be reviewed on the phone, but in the phone getting an alert along with the Watch.

No supposition, please.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With watchOS 4 and AW S1 and above, you can set a heart rate alert to notify you if your heart rate exceeds a selected level, at rest or a time of low exertion.

Has anybody put this to the test? I'm interested if the alert is just on the AW or if it simultaneously goes to the phone.

I'm wondering if you could put the Watch on a family member and keep tabs on they're HR from your phone, with in the given limitations of network, range, etc.

If it's only on the Watch then, no joy. I'm not interested that it might be reviewed on the phone, but in the phone getting an alert along with the Watch.

No supposition, please.

No. Heart rate alerts only go to the watch and there is no way to get this also on the phone.

What you could do is look for a third party app that notifies other people.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
It's a no go for the phone to show the heart rate alert. Unfortunately I got to personally test this out for myself while on vacay last month. My heart rate alert went off on my watch only when I got overheated while standing inside a building with no ac in Mexico. I felt like I was going to pass out but thankfully I was okay and just needed to sit down and drink some water to cool down. My watch vibrated and showed the notification but there was nothing showing on my phone. It did note I could manage these notifications in heart rate settings in the Apple Watch app on the phone but that's it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I felt like I was going to pass out but thankfully I was okay and just needed to sit down and drink some water to cool down.

Wow! I'm glad it was relatively minor. Sometimes first hand knowledge isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77