Has anyone had any issues with taking off speck candy shell cases?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded my iPhone to a 6s plus rose gold and got a speck candy she'll grip case for it. Sometimes I like to be ceaseless when I know I'm not going to be doing something that will cause my phone to fall and break, other times when I go hiking ill pop on a case.

I've noticed these speck cases go on pretty tight on the phone. I'm scared to try and take off the case and have my phone bend of the screen glue Come off. Has anyone had any issues with the phone and repeatedly putting and pulling off the brand speck candy shell grip cases?

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
These cases are definitely a pain to take on and off, especially when they are new. I used one on my iPhone 6, and after a while, it loosened up a bit. It always required more pressure than I was comfortable with though when taking it off. With the softer aluminum of the 6 and 6 Plus I'd say fear of bending was a legitimate concern, but the 6s is really tough.

I recently returned a Candyshell Grip I bought for my 6s Plus, mostly because of the added bulk, and that my hands grip better with regular old glossy TPU. I also wasn't a fan of how much force I had to put on the phone and case to take it out. All that said, I'm never read or heard of an instance where someone broke their phone taking it out of a Candyshell Grip.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No issues at all. You can find a you tube video from speck that shows an easy way to remove the case.