Google ActiveSync

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi peeps,

I've managed to configure this and get my Calendar to Sync with no worries at all.. However, I've also tried to Sync my Contacts, and this quite simply doesn't work for me. I would expect ActiveSync to copy my 100+ contacts from my iPhone to my Google contacts, but this just doesn't happen.

Am I doing something wrong? Everything appears to be set up properly, but I'm getting no joy.

Thoughts, please.

Steve :)

Last edited:

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Active Sync is garbage. I could never get it to work right. I stuck with MobileMe which you can get for 60 dollars on ebay. I do have to manage 2 databases since I use google voice alot.

Best of luck maybe leave your phone over night it might take a while to sync.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google has been working beautifully for me since before I got my first iPhone more than a year ago. Contacts and calendar both sync without any issues. It may take a few minutes for your contacts to populate the first time you sync them. After that, any changes you make will be almost instant. And no, you will not have to wait over night for it.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I also believe the contacts have to be in "My Contacts" on Google. Ones that are under only "all contacts" are not synced, IIRC.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
GoogleSync working great for me. I got close to 100 contacts. I also sync multiple calendars. The setup can be kind of tedious. Double-check and make sure all your settings are correct. And use the settings from the info Google provides and not from some other "tech" site.

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any issues either. Make sure you follow the directions from Google EXACTLY as they tell you. If you do that, everything should work perfectly.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Google has been working beautifully for me since before I got my first iPhone more than a year ago. Contacts and calendar both sync without any issues. It may take a few minutes for your contacts to populate the first time you sync them. After that, any changes you make will be almost instant. And no, you will not have to wait over night for it.

Googlesync worked great on my BB9000 for a couple of days. Now it only syncs the contacts, and not the calendar entries. I have my appointments on the BB, but also put them in my wife's iPhone, which automatically synced them in her Mac. Can't upgrade to the iPhone4 until 20 Dec, but i need this situation remedied until then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I would expect ActiveSync to copy my 100+ contacts from my iPhone to my Google contacts, but this just doesn't happen.

Am I doing something wrong? Everything appears to be set up properly...

In the Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars app, does your account have both contacts and calendar turned on? If so, try toggling mail off and then back on. It might also be worth killing it in the multitasking bar as well so you force it to refresh when reopening.

Never had an issue myself, though the calendar set up can be a little confusing.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible it's something in your Google settings, rather than on your device?

Googlesync worked great on my BB9000 for a couple of days. Now it only syncs the contacts, and not the calendar entries. I have my appointments on the BB, but also put them in my wife's iPhone, which automatically synced them in her Mac. Can't upgrade to the iPhone4 until 20 Dec, but i need this situation remedied until then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible it's something in your Google settings, rather than on your device?

It was the settings in Google. Was having trouble with my old PC, but with a quick reset, it's all good. One quick question. Will the iPhone4 & iTunes work on a PC, or just a Mac?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have google handling the calendars and 1 gmail account as well as a mobile me email account and contacts all syncing fine on my iP4.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB