Gmail problems after iOS 13.1.2 update

I

iMore Question

My iPad, and iPhone automatically updated to iOS 13.1.2 last night at 3 am.
Gmail then sent random emails to random people between 3 am and 3:30 am. They were old emails mostly from 2016, that had never been sent to those recipients. Some people received 5 and 6 emails .
Needless to say, I received many emails today from people wondering why I was sending random emails from 2016.
I talked to apple support..; they say it is a gmail problem.
I can’t find any information on this problem when I google it.
Anyone else have this problem ?

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. If it us not an Apple issue why did it happen only after an APPLE UPGRADE?

I have a different problem with g-mail. I used to click on my junk mail, select all, hit delete, and delete all. Now I have to delete each junk mail, then it goes to trash and I have to delete them a second time in trash.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No GMail issues while using Spark Email .......in fact , ‘I’ of all people ( very ‘unadventurous’ in the digital world) am trialing a Beta Dark Mode for Spark by Readdle. It’s been great so far ,,,,,

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a different problem with g-mail. I used to click on my junk mail, select all, hit delete, and delete all. Now I have to delete each junk mail, then it goes to trash and I have to delete them a second time in trash.

You shouldn't have to delete junk emails one at a time. There is a delete all option. If there's a lot, it might take it 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how many there are.
Tap "edit" in upper right corner > tap "select all" in upper left corner > tap "delete" in lower right corner.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't have to delete junk emails one at a time. There is a delete all option. If there's a lot, it might take it 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how many there are.
Tap "edit" in upper right corner > tap "select all" in upper left corner > tap "delete" in lower right corner.

Thank you. That’s what I used to do and they didn’t go into the trash bin they were deleted. Now they they added a step as they go into trash. You have to delete from trash.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPad, and iPhone automatically updated to iOS 13.1.2 last night at 3 am.
Gmail then sent random emails to random people between 3 am and 3:30 am. They were old emails mostly from 2016, that had never been sent to those recipients. Some people received 5 and 6 emails .
Needless to say, I received many emails today from people wondering why I was sending random emails from 2016.
I talked to apple support..; they say it is a gmail problem.
I can’t find any information on this problem when I google it.
Anyone else have this problem ?

Like the others, I’ve not heard of anything like that and I’ve yet to experience anything like that. Hopefully, the issue will resolve itself and not happen again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. That’s what I used to do and they didn’t go into the trash bin they were deleted. Now they they added a step as they go into trash. You have to delete from trash.

You don't have to delete from trash. Emails in trash eventually delete on their own. I think they stay in trash 30 days, then they're deleted permanently.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
App makers are responsible for updating their apps to conform to new iOS releases. Not the other way around.

OP and the other poster having the problem didn't specify whether they were using the gmail app or the native email app. If it's the native app, it's likely on Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OP and the other poster having the problem didn't specify whether they were using the gmail app or the native email app. If it's the native app, it's likely on Apple.

Not necessarily. If Gmail is having issues, they may show in the stock Mail app. I've had problems with Outlook mail before in the stock Mail app. And Microsoft had to fix it, not Apple.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Since for me personally all is working so well, I'm going to do 'a few turns in the hold' before doing any more updating ( maybe a week of simply reading feedback every day or so.....)

But re the Gmail / Mail app difficulties many seem to have, I'm brought back to no end of grief on probably my 4S where the Mail app & Gmail didn't work well at all. My old 'Exchange' account ( a work mail thing) helped but it got costly once I changed devices from the 4S. The Google GMail app was better but far from perfect. I used 'Outlook' as a mail client until it required 2 step authentication to also handle my iCloud mail, so I settled on 'Mail' for my iCloud account, and Spark for my GMail ( I can't stand the current Outlook presentation) . Spark has served me very very well on GMail and should soon support Dark mode. I have the Dark Mode Spark Beta and it's totally polished.

When 'Mail' and Gmail didn't work well ( probably circa 2012/13) I was advised ( on another popular -at the time - Forum , that Apple and Google were bad bedfellows as essentially directly in competition with each other thus the 'lack of mesh' was to be expected. Then I said Hmmmmm... much as I do today....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB