Getting itunes music onto new computer from old computer

justme 1

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi, our Windows 7 computer died but the hard drive still works and can be hooked up to our new Windows 10 desktop, and shows in file explorer... itunes had recently been updated to its latest version before the computer quit.

I can't figure out how to get my music into the newly downloaded latest version of itunes (Microsoft store) for Windows 10. (itunes Version12.10.10.2) I've looked around the web but am having trouble finding directions that apply specifically to what I want to do. I tried a couple things that didn't work. I have read that I shouldn't plug in the ipod yet becase that will erase what's on the ipod, so I have not done that.

I have light to moderate computer experience, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, our Windows 7 computer died but the hard drive still works and can be hooked up to our new Windows 10 desktop, and shows in file explorer... itunes had recently been updated to its latest version before the computer quit.

I can't figure out how to get my music into the newly downloaded latest version of itunes (Microsoft store) for Windows 10. (itunes Version12.10.10.2) I've looked around the web but am having trouble finding directions that apply specifically to what I want to do. I tried a couple things that didn't work. I have read that I shouldn't plug in the ipod yet becase that will erase what's on the ipod, so I have not done that.

I have light to moderate computer experience, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. I have never done what you're wanting to do, but I did find this information, which hopefully will be helpful to you. It's from Apple's Support site.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/itunes/itns3230/windows

I'm certain that others will come along and be able to offer you some good advice.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
If you can get to the iTunes FOLDER, I would transfer that directly and then direct iTunes on the new PC to that folder to get it into iTunes.

justme 1

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
If you can get to the iTunes FOLDER, I would transfer that directly and then direct iTunes on the new PC to that folder to get it into iTunes.

I did that just now and in explorer, all the music shows up in user/itunes/itunes media/music, but does not appear when I open itunes.

Update...might be working now, I'll check when it's done.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77