Facebook messenger

TimmyB20

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
It appears I'm able to view Facebook messenger on the watch, but not respond to a message, because the messenger app doesn't appear to be available on the watch yet. I use messenger a lot to text friends. Anyone have info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimmyB20

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
How are you even viewing it on your watch? I don't seem to be able to. I agree; they need to update the app to include Watch functionality. Off to review the Messenger app in iTunes...

TimmyB20

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
It'll just show me the messages that are incoming! But won't let me actually go into app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimmyB20

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea, there is no Facebook App. Surprised at that one. I saw someone said something to a post of mine on Facebook, and when I tapped it, it dissapeard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Y'all need to understand the Watch is not meant to do everything the iPhone does on these 3rd party apps. It's mostly notifications, message views, and such. You're not going to get full app access.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

fezza17

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason you can/can't see the messages on your watch depends on your iPhone settings- for example, my iPhone has Facebook messages come through similar to texts (sounds/vibration alert and popup on lock screen/banner when unlocked). This copies across to the watch from the "mirror iPhone" notification setting, so I get a pop up and haptic alert when I get a message.

As others said, the reason we can't reply yet is due to no Facebook/messenger app being available for the watch yet. (And as others have said, imagine any wat h app would be quite limited in functionality- probably view conversations, and limited reply options...)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank God I never started using Facebook. . . . My wife has issues constantly with the app on the iPhone and iPad. I don't need any more stress.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Facebook app was a huge battery drainer for me.

It can be if location services and background app refresh is on for Facebook. Also the auto play videos. I use a Facebook client called Friendly+. You can add multiple accounts with color themes. It doesn't use up resources like the Facebook app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire