External Hard Drive Music Storage & iTunes Match

tz5099

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's the deal:

I have all of my music on my external hard drive. This is my entire iTunes library that I plug into my MacBook Pro to then listen to music via my computer. Question is: I've uploaded what music I can to iTunes Match. It's working perfectly on my iPhone 4 but when I go to download music on iTunes through the iCloud without my external hooked up, music files are not found. I thought it might be a bug and have not uploaded correctly as I got iTunes Match the day it came out. Therefore, I'm starting over from scratch in hopes that I won't have to rely on my external drive to listen to music on iTunes. (I'm just a little impatient for this to finish to see if it works this time, which is why I'm posting this.)

Am I totally way off here? Is this not the way iTunes Match is supposed to work or do I need to have the actual music on a drive somewhere for iCloud to pick it off when needed????

I have no idea what's going on and I feel like I'm lost in the iClouds. Can someone explain this all to me a little more? I'm open to links that break it all down for the not so Apple detail oriented folks.

Also will there be a day when I can actually look at my iTunes library through iCloud.com?

One last thing: Dups w/iTunes Match, is this a major problem for folks?

Last edited:

mac_addict

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe it turns you desktop, or in your case your MacBook, is the backup and does not pull from the cloud. I think you would have to leave you drive unhooked and wipe out iTunes. Then sign in to iCloud and download what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1