earpiece not working in-call. h/w or s/w issue? plz help....

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset? That is hold the power and volume down buttons together (at the same time) for about 30 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. If it's still not working then you are probably gonna want to take it to an Apple store for a diagnostic, this SHOULD be free, but if they detect an issue there may be a cost to fix it, since you are probably out of warranty. If they don't detect a hardware issue then the next step would be a factory reset. It's a PIA, BUT it worth the effort to fix the problem. Worst, WORST case scenario, you can still use the phone, and just take calls on the speaker phone, OR with a Bluetooth headset.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If it's still not working then you are probably gonna want to take it to an Apple store for a diagnostic, this SHOULD be free, but if they detect an issue there may be a cost to fix it, since you are probably out of warranty.

Ok THIS is the next step. :)

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this an iPhone 7 by chance? Read an article where the greyed our speaker button is a problem with them. Does the mic work? Try recording a voice memo to see.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that you can link to an occasional (non MoNa) article once in awhile, you just are not supposed to go overboard with them.

More or less. ;) I tell my Q&A volunteers, to first try to find an iMore blog or thread on it (OR another Mobile Nations site), THEN a manufacturer's support, FAQ etc, and THEN if all else fails, a blog or thread from another site. THE most important thing is that the question gets answered and the member helped!

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
More or less. ;) I tell my Q&A volunteers, to first try to find an iMore blog or thread on it (OR another Mobile Nations site), THEN a manufacturer's support, FAQ etc, and THEN if all else fails, a blog or thread from another site. THE most important thing is that the question gets answered and the member helped!

Thanks for the clarification.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77