Anyone having issue with trebly, tinny sound in earpiece of Pro 13 on calls?

PRW94

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
I am, and four days in with it, it's literally causing me pain because I have tinnitus which is aggravated by trebly, high-frequency sounds.

I've actually chatted with Apple and have a case number and am looking at sending it back for a replacement, but I've had folks tell me (including one guy who bought six 13's for his family) that it's just the way these phones are, plus I let my wife sample a call and she said it was obviously tinny and needed some bass, but she would be OK with it if it were her phone. (Of course she doesn't have the tinnitus issue.)

I'm coming from an XR and I put my SIM back in it last night and the earpiece sound quality on calls was akin to a stereo with subwoofers compared to what I'm getting with the Pro.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just this particular model's mojo, or does it sound like I have a bad unit?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am, and four days in with it, it's literally causing me pain because I have tinnitus which is aggravated by trebly, high-frequency sounds.

I've actually chatted with Apple and have a case number and am looking at sending it back for a replacement, but I've had folks tell me (including one guy who bought six 13's for his family) that it's just the way these phones are, plus I let my wife sample a call and she said it was obviously tinny and needed some bass, but she would be OK with it if it were her phone. (Of course she doesn't have the tinnitus issue.)

I'm coming from an XR and I put my SIM back in it last night and the earpiece sound quality on calls was akin to a stereo with subwoofers compared to what I'm getting with the Pro.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just this particular model's mojo, or does it sound like I have a bad unit?

I’m not. When you go to the cellular settings, are both voice and data set to 5G? If so, set it to LTE and see if that helps. In addition, is the tinny sound also present when you’re using a Bluetooth headset?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would record a voice note and listen to it through the earpiece, just to rule out it isnt a defective hardware issue.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Have you updated the software? My wife and I have the regular iPhone 13 and they sounded horrible with the software that came preinstalled on the phones. They seem much better after updating the software, but still nowhere near as good as the iPhone XS that we traded in.

PRW94

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Following up ... I tried the voice memo thing and the sound is crystal clear and not tinny ... and I also did a test with my son, who has an 11, in which we made a call and exchanged phones to listen to each other's, and his 11 sounded just like mine through the earpiece, and after he listened to my 13 Pro through the earpiece he wondered what in the ^%*^^$* I was talking about.

I guess it's just that it doesn't sound exactly like the XR, and I'm going to have to get used to it to enjoy the rest of the phone's advantages.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77