Do you read on your iPhone 6?

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I read books on my 5 & I'm now reading books on my 6. For me it's fine, but for my mom it's not. She would need a 6+ or her tablet to read a book w/out straining to see.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I shifted to reading books on my phone since iphone 5. It's been ages since I haven't read a proper paperback book. Reading on my iphone 6 is marginally better experience than my 5/5S.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I read spreadsheets and PDFs constantly at work. I also read books occasionally on my 6. You can make the text as big as you want in iBooks so it's really a non issue. The 6 is easier to hold so it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Peng Bob

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
if you read much, then 6 plus is better, although it kind of isn't easy to carry.

It comes with more powerful battery support. With 6 plus sure you may not need an iPad anymore.

Last edited:

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally do not read more than news articles on my iPhone 6+. I really should give it a go, since I do love reading on my iPad. I eventually want to make the jump and purchase the new Kindle paper white simply for reading, but for now I am content with the devices that I have.

I find reading articles to be a real pleasure on the 6+. I have contacts that I wear most of the time, but when I take them out I do not wear glasses like I should. I have no problem reading on this phone even without them in which is nice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I personally do not read more than news articles on my iPhone 6+. I really should give it a go, since I do love reading on my iPad. I eventually want to make the jump and purchase the new Kindle paper white simply for reading, but for now I am content with the devices that I have.

I find reading articles to be a real pleasure on the 6+. I have contacts that I wear most of the time, but when I take them out I do not wear glasses like I should. I have no problem reading on this phone even without them in which is nice.

I am one of the people who uses a Kindle Paperwhite for reading, and although I may read a part of a book on my iPhone 6 Plus while out and about, it doesn't compare to reading via the Kindle -- at least not for me. Having said that, whenever you do decide to get the Kindle Paperwhite, I doubt you'll regret it...;)

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
To be honest it depends on your preference. I have an iPad and I love reading and watching movies off of it. It's convenient for on the go and appealing to the eye instead of having to zoom in all the way on your iPhone.

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Reading on iPhone 6 is quite convenient as its not big not small . I usually leave my ipad at home and use iphone 6 space grey on the go whether I am at my bed or at office.

Howard Brazee

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Right now I'm happy with my iPhone 4. It fits in my shirt pocket with it snapped shut. I avoid any and all typing on it I can, and hate it when I shut it down and it asks for a bunch of passwords.

But I'm tired of carrying my iPad with me everywhere I go, just to have a library of books with me (and a bigger music library). I'm considering getting an iPhone 6 plus hoping that I can only carry one device, and still be comfortable reading. And buying more space for music (my music library is big). I have to carry glasses with me which I only use for reading, and I'm not sure how I would carry an iPhone 6+. If it's with my hands, I'm better off with an iPad, which I know I enjoy for reading books.